QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SOTF / Axle Disconnect Mechanism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eclipsed4ever

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 16:30    Post subject: SOTF / Axle Disconnect Mechanism Reply with quote

Hi All

I'm looking at the SOTF front axle disconnect system to use for something else. I have a couple of questions about it...

1) is the unit sealed both sides? I can see an oil seal on the driveshaft side, but what about the diff side? Does the intermediate shaft pass through an oil seal?
2) is there a bearing on the intermediate shaft where it enters the disconnect or does it just rely on the alignment of the diff & disconnect?
3) are they prone to failure? This is more in a mechanical sense really. Obviously any vacuum system can be temperamental.

Any help greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any photos of the disconnect system on its own or the shaft going from the diff to it, that would be great!

Cheers in advance!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 16:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: