4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

yet more overheating issues to baffle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeyo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 15:10    Post subject: yet more overheating issues to baffle Reply with quote

Hi All,
I am new to here, and indeed to the world of Isuzu,
My issue is that i bought a Trooper 3.5l v6 citation, (lpg) , the first week it ran fine, then i noticed temp a bit high and steam under bonnet, small hole in rad, so this got replaced, once back together, heater blowing cold, tried my best to bleed it, but then noticed bottom rad hose was cold and top one boiling hot (too hot to touch) next step new thermostat, but as i was sent wrong ones twice, decided to remove it all together, wonderful fun was had with its positioning  Shocked  Evil or Very Mad  Shocked .

ran it around town, steady away, no thermostat and was fine, heater blows cold at standstill, but hot when moving, not an issue.

then when i did a 20mile straight run, all was ok when driving,  until i stopped, then temp went to top and boiled into the expansion tank and overflowed?
So thought water pump??? dunno why, but changed that now as well, and yet i have same issue, overheating once i stop after a run? but not an issue mooching around town.

Any experts or Ideas are more than welcome,
the previous owner used to tow a boat to Scotland every month without issues??

Thanks
Mick
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 15:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna say head gasket as you have covered everything else
mikeyo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:26    Post subject: oh dear Reply with quote

thanks for the prompt response,
I was putting that thought to the back of my mind,, no water in oil, no oil in water? i know it's not compulsory. but runs all week steady away below 50mph, temp below half, even driving at speed its ok while moving? just overheats when i slow down,

was told to look at heater matrix? but cant see that helping?

thanks
Mick
mikeyo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

the temp drops back down if i keep driving? just a thought, but there is a smaller rad i can see in front grille? its loose to touch, im thinking oil? or gearbox oil through it? although i think the gearbox oil goes through main rad?
am i correct with this?

thanks
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

that will be the aircon condenser and yes the gearbox oil cooler is in the bottom of the rad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: