All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

'53 trooper 3.0 starting issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonny555

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 17:45    Post subject: Not start Reply with quote

Yes been doing a lot off searching but could find anyone with the same issues coz when the check engine light is on she starts and run perfectly till you switch her off then she won't start for few days I'll c if I can get a lend of a  ecu and c wat happens thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 17:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ijchapman@msn.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 20:50    Post subject: Starting issues Reply with quote

My 03 Trooper has starting issues and I followed the instructions about clamping the fuel return line.  It started first time the next morning.  Does the valve go into the return line in the direction the fuel will travel ie away from the manifold and if so how does this stop the fuel from draining over night?  Apologies if this is a stupid question!
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thats correct, it stops air from working it's way in to the head from the return line. you can also extend the rubber pipe and make it in to a loop thats higher than the head it's to stop the syphon effect
ijchapman@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your help and guidance.  I'll try it and see how I get on
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 23:50    Post subject: 3.0 starting problems Reply with quote

Well, hello Eithan, my old chum. I'm embarrassed to have not popped by to say hello but the dear old Troop has just been trundling on and on and on...........
Last time I saw you I was flushed with pride over the fulfilment of the 2nd item on my bucket list (Aston Martin DB7 Volante) and since then I've added the most gratifying regular driving car I've ever owned which never ceases to enthral - one of the rarest cars on the road - a Vauxhall Ampera! Amazing machine....    
I've had a bit of a tune-up, too. Had an ECU installed on my collarbone with a couple of probes in my head for my Parkinson's! Now, that IS amazing!
Anyway, my dear old Troop: we have starting issues.
For some time now it's taken a long time cranking to start - I mean it went from oddity to embarrassment! Then it left the Ubergruppenfuhrer stranded at her sister's as a non-starter! I did manage to start it and it drove OK the 12 miles home. Next day - nada! About third attempt over the morning it burst into song so I went up the road, but it stalled three times in as many miles when coasting in gear with engine idling. "Tank rot". I thought, so I limped to the pumps and brim-filled it so it wouldn't have anywhere to drain back to. Next morning - dead again! Same thing: about the third battery-beating cranking session she started and idled almost  totally smoothly whilst I peered around the filter housing and stuff until a cloudburst started and simultaneously the motor stopped. Stopped as suddenly and as cleanly as an LED bulb turning off! That's  when I packed it in and swam to the front door!
I had hoped to have got further with it before today when I went into hospital for a hernia op! Eeeeee - bit sore! Still, I have some clear fuel pipe to check bubbles which I'll do. Without wanting you to run a complete diagnostic by forum, am I looking at the right things and where would you go from here?
Sorry to come after you all of a rush and look forward to hearing from you again.
Cheers

Chris (Courtenay)
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi chris,
sounds like orps issues do the white wire trick and see if it starts
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan
Thanks for the comeback!
White wire trick.............?
It rings a bell but not loud enough!
Couldn't remind me?

Is it much of a job to replace it the orps

Tootle-pip

Chris
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'OH!!

Did the obvious and looked up "white wire".........  

Eithan, sir, you are a gentleman, a scholar, a hero of the first order, a true guru!

I presume I can drive about on a default value, or would that just be slapdash and unprofessional??
scarecrow243

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 13:38    Post subject: starting Reply with quote

dont drive it with the wire test  replace the oil rail pressure sensor it aint hard  as i seen on the forum the spanner has to be ground down so it fits in the available space
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope don't drive it as it's fuelling is all wrong this is just a test procedure only really
ijchapman@msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan I tried the valve and it has worked for about three weeks but this last couple of mornings it has been getting harder to start and this morning it wouldn't start at all.  Should I try the white wire test?  If so how do you locate the wire to be cut?  Is the ORPS expensive and difficult to replace?

Thanks for your help and advice
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's pin c in the big multi plug by the dipstick tube it's stamped on the plug so you can't miss it, new sensors are about £90 from milners and ideally it needs to be calibrated on tech2 to run at it's optimum but it will run ok without coding but it might be over or under fuelling a bit if you don't get it calibrated
ijchapman@msn.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan, I didn't do the white wire test because I discovered that the fuel line was corroded and when that was repaired she started and continued to do so for a number of weeks.  However starting got slower and then she started to cut out when being driven and now she wont start at all.  Is it likely to be ORPS?  If so I'm nervous about cutting the white wire in case I cut the wrong one.  Any advice?
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like it with the cutting out but cutting the white wire will show it
ijchapman@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan

Thanks very much.  You have been very helpful.  I located the wire, managed to disconnest it and the trooper started!!.  Would it b ok to drive the trooper to my mechanic who is about three miles away?  The check engine light is on, will it go off when the ORPS is replaced?

Do you know of or have any instructions on how to replace the ORPS as I'm sure this mechanic wont have done it before?

Again many thanks for your help.

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: