All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2004 3.0TD Rodeo 4wd issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
filsketeer

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 0:35    Post subject: 2004 3.0TD Rodeo 4wd issue Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I aquired an Isuzu Rodeo recently and all is well, bar one problem.
When I press the 4wd button, the light flashes and 4wd does not engage. If i turn the ignition off and on, 4wd is active. I cannot get 4 low to work at all. If I press 4L whilst in 2H, the 4l and 4x4 light simply flashes. turning ignition off and on does nothing. if I press 4L whilst in 4wd, the 4L light comes on for a split second then dissappears. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks
Steven
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 0:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wicklamulla

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a reset procedure,   someone on here with more knowledge will be along soon to confirm i hope.  iirc you depress 2 buttons simultaneously to activate the reset procedure?
Wilky

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buttons are marked, press and hold the 2WD and 4Low button for 10 seconds, although I believe this just resets it to 2WD, but it's possible the motor is not engaging due to lack of use, you can take the motor off and free off the selector with a screwdriver
Wilky

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just looked at mine, pressing 2H and 4L just puts the t/box in nuetral, so it might need the selector freeing off.
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

the motors are prone to going to wrong and you will need to reset the ecu with 2 bits of wire after replacing it so it works properly
frugalman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 18:17    Post subject: ECU Reset?/ Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
the motors are prone to going to wrong and you will need to reset the ecu with 2 bits of wire after replacing it so it works properly
My 2005 is doing something similar, it works as advertised about 40% of the time so if I remove the actuator and free it off will I need to reset the ECU ad mentioned above and if so can you point me in the direction of which pins please?
Thanks in anticipation,
Mark
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you unplug the motor then don't switch the ignition on, you can do what you need to and then make sure it's all plugged back together and you shouldn't need to reset anything.
i don't think you will find anything seized or stuck as the system is electronically controlled and most of the time it's something to do with the limit switches on the back of the motor head
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: