2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

daewoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crusader
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:45    Post subject: daewoo Reply with quote

Sorry Embarassed  Embarassed
The wife's matiz is over cooling.  On the motorway, the temperature gauge drops to the bottom and heater is cold.  If left ticking over, it gets warm and a little heat inside.  I have changed the thermostat and bleed the system numerous times, but still it does it. Also I have put carboard over most of the radiator.  All pipes are hot, have checked the flap moves but at a loss really.  Blocked heater matrix maybe Question any help appreciated.  Have bought her a electric heater Very Happy for time being.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

id say a blockage somewhere get the hose going and flush out the rad and matrix
mutlley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

wife had a matiz that did the same. heater matrix on them is prone to rust all i did was take heater hoses off at bulk head and shoved a hose pipe in to flush the matrix out. took ages and i couldn't believe the brown muck that came out. ran it for a couple of days and did the same again. it was fine after that.
crusader
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, thanks. Will give it a go.
crusader
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused How the chuff are you supposed to get to the heater hoses. Can't reach from top or bottom. Do  I have to basically have to take the engine bay apart Question  Question  Question
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

if my memory is correct. the hoses i took off where on the right hand side of the bulk head near the top and where very easy to get to. i know it wasnt a long job.  Confused
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heater matrix is a separate circuit to the cooling system and will probably need flushing independently.

There is a pipe off to the heater matrix just behind the thermostat housing. If the heater matrix or pipe is blocked nothing will flow through.

I had a similar problem. The recommended method is to switch the inlet and outlet pipes at the firewall to reverse the flow through the core. Since this requires the patience of Job and the hands the size of a 2 year old it isn't an easy option.

Here's what I did; Removed the airbox and distributor (taking care the mark the position of it to the housing), then disconnected the hose to heater from the outlet behind the thermostat housing. I bought some patio cleaner from the hardware store which contains ACID. I then took a piece of clear plastic pipe also available at most hardware stores (about 13mm or half inch) and inserted it into the heater inlet hose. With the lower radiator hose disconnected I then blew into the hose. Initially there was total resistance. By sucking and blowing I eventually got some movement. Coolant is POISONOUS so watch the flow in the pipe so that it does NOT GET INTO YOUR MOUTH. Once I got some movement I attached a funnel and poured some patio cleaner into the pipe. Left that for 30 minutes and then took the plastic pipe out and washed it out with clean water. Reinserted the plastic pipe into the hose and blew the heater core out. I then flushed the core with boiling water via a funnel. I continued flushing with water until the water ran clean.

Reassemble and refill the system with coolant. The core gets blocked because people use water not coolant. If only coolant is used this will not occur.

Disclaimer; This worked for me but you undertake this at your own risk because the stuff you are working with is DANGEROUS

taken from the matiz forum.   ckick here
crusader
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbright that is what I thought I would have to do. Sad cheers.
JimToms91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

never buy a Daewoo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: