All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Crank sensor out of synchro DTC P0336

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fault code for Injector if driver is goosed.......I think that the fault code throws up if the injector solenoid itself is short or open circuit ie it is monitoring the injector,not the driver.So on Tech2 a click or balance test would indicate a faulty injector as the driver is not doing its thang.To prove it with Tech2 you would need to swap two injectors round ( or firtling the wiring out of the plastic carrier and swapping plugs round) pre-supposing all injectors are ok then a click test would prove the point.If the fault moves...injector if it don't ...driver.
I would suppose that by doing the above and measuring with your instumentation would also give the answer ?

Hust my thoughts   Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 16:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 20:17    Post subject: FIXED Reply with quote

Carry out continuaty for inj 1 at ecu, Open circuit, Checked again at injector harness, open circuit. Tooke rocker cover off, checked at ecu and had 2.5 ohms circuit. check again at injector harness and still had continuaty. wiggle test at inj 1 plug, 1 WIRE PULLED OUT.

Would you Adam and Eve it. Watch for this everyone. Do'nt always beleive DTC'S. and Injector open circuits do not give you injector dtc's and crank sensor signals can be spiked but a missing driver. Red robbo made me think again and luckily did'nt splash cash for ECU re-firm. Would still like to know if
anyone knows you was or still is re-working ecu's to 208 bhp.
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 20:34    Post subject: Re: FIXED Reply with quote

Philby wrote:
Carry out continuaty for inj 1 at ecu, Open circuit, Checked again at injector harness, open circuit. Tooke rocker cover off, checked at ecu and had 2.5 ohms circuit. check again at injector harness and still had continuaty. wiggle test at inj 1 plug, 1 WIRE PULLED OUT.

Would you Adam and Eve it. Watch for this everyone. Do'nt always beleive DTC'S. and Injector open circuits do not give you injector dtc's and crank sensor signals can be spiked but a missing driver. Red robbo made me think again and luckily did'nt splash cash for ECU re-firm. Would still like to know if
anyone knows you was or still is re-working ecu's to 208 bhp.

Cool

Settle for 160  Wink
easyelliott

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ethan, sorry to hijack your thread, but can you help me with the following:

My air conditioning unit belt snapped, and as this happened it ripped the wires out of the crank shaft location sensor!!  Could you tell me which order the colour coded wires go in from top to bottom??  I've got a replacement socket, but I don't know which order they're supposed to go in!

Thank you.......El
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you mean the cam sensor in the front of the plastic covers, if so then pin 1 is blue, pin2 is green and pin 3 is yellow with a red trace
easyelliott

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ethan, Yes, that's the sensor I'm on about.

The colours I've got are 1 x yellow, 1 x yellow & black and 1 x purple & black.  

I've been told by another member that yellow is pin 2 and the purple and black one is a negative feed, but that's all he knows - any comments on that?

Many thanks for your help....

Elliott
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant find any reference to those colours but heres a diagram of what pin does what
easyelliott

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your help.!! Very Happy
MJDiaz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
is the vehicle starting? if not is it flashing the check engine light whilst cranking?

Hi Eithan,

What would it be if the check engine light is flashing. Mine was not starting.
When I removed the battery for a while then put it back. Engine starts.

I also noticed that when the check engine light is blinking, the glowplug indicator goes off very quickly like about 0.5s where it should be about 3s since the engine is cold.
When the check engine light is not blinking, glowplug indicator go off the usual 3s.
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

normally a flash as it starts to crank means cam and crank are out of sync, if it continuously flashes at you with ignition on then the ecu isn't happy with the immobiliser
MJDiaz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

It flashes when the ignition is in ON(No Cranking). It flashes for about 1 to 1.5s. It's not continuously flashing.
Does this looks immobilizer issue?

I had an issue with engine just cut-off. I keep on cranking but no luck. At this instance, I experience the CE light flash scenario mentioned above.
Cranking was fast. It looks like there's no diesel in the cylinder. When I put a starting fluid at intake I can noticed that the engine somewhat start probably because of the starter fluid but immediately cut-off.

When I removed the battery and wait for some time and put it back on, the CE light is now steady on at ON position.
At this point, the engine will start. It seems that there's a RESET or something similar that happened.

I am investigating a CKP sensor issue as well. In the manual, it mentioned that if there's an issue with CKP sensor there's 1:4 chance that the engine will start as the CKP sensor will determine which injector to fire.

Right now the engine starts. I idle it from 30min to 1hr patiently waiting to cut-off but it did not. I did not do anything aside from removing the battery and putting it back on.
I am hesitant to test in the road again it as it may stall again and we do not have good towing service nearby.

What do you think about this, eithan?
MJDiaz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan,

Below is the link for the check engine light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meA2Y4JlzMI

RPS: 0.2V at Ign On/Eng Off, goes to 3V when cranking.
Looks like rail pressure is fine.

CAM: ~0V at Ign On/Eng Off, goes to 12V when cranking.

CKP: ~0V at Ign On/Eng Off, goes to 12V when cranking.

J3 ECM(Power, Ign On/Eng Off): P1 -12V, P2 -12V, P5 - 0V(goes to 0.8V when cranking).
Looks like there's no supply to the injector.

C14 Fuse is okay.
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit weird but that doesn't look like immobiliser issues,  remember it won't enable the injectors until it sees cam, crank and the correct oil pressure have you got a diagnostic machine at all?
MJDiaz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
bit weird but that doesn't look like immobiliser issues,  remember it won't enable the injectors until it sees cam, crank and the correct oil pressure have you got a diagnostic machine at all?

I don't have TECH2 but I have DMM and logic analyzer.
See CAM and CKP waveform below. First image is the waveform of CAM(00) and CKP(01) during cranking.
The second image is the zoomed version of RED part of Image1.
The Third image is the zoomed version of GREEN part of Image2.
The Fourth Image is the voltage level of RPS during cranking. When Ignition ON, Engine OFF, RPS has 0.2V. It shoots to 3V during cranking.
I could not find how to upload pictures so I took video and uploaded it to youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPDvVMO5aM

Another thing I noticed is that the glow indicator goes off very quickly(You can see it in the video previously uploaded). The manual said that if ECT sensor is disconnected, glow indicator will glow for 5s.
In my case, it goes off for about half a second. The ECT resistance is 2.3kohm. Its cold engine so 2.3kohm falls withing specs.
I also measured the glowplugs resistance. It's 0.25ohms. Specification said its 1ohm so 4 1ohm in parallel is 0.25ohm.

Another observation is that during the time that the engine is working fine, I can heard a 'TICK' sound when the key is put to OFF from Ignition ON(Engine is OFF).
As I checked it, this is the sound from throttle's butterfly valve which is released and turns from fully close to fully open.
Now that the engine is not starting, I could not hear this 'TICK' from the butterfly valve.  

Also, the Anti-thief Red LED is blinking when I crank. I do not know if this fine or not.
[img]C:\0 - MJD\02 - PERSONAL\2 - PROJECTS\Project Isuzu Trooper[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: