QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How do I fit running boards to a MK4 LWB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amg.kirk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33    Post subject: How do I fit running boards to a MK4 LWB? Reply with quote

Evening all.

I've recently bought a 1998 Isuzu Bighorn with the 4JX1 engine (my first ever 4WD!). It's been very well looked after from what I can tell and the engine runs like the proverbial; fingers crossed it continues to do so Very Happy

Anyway, I was quite keen to fit some running boards/side steps as it's a fair way up (even for myself at 6'6"!). I've purchased the boards (go to trademe.co.nz and search for 1448976659 for a picture) and now looking between the vehicle and the boards themselves, I get the impression there is at least a bracket or two required to make them fit together; is that correct? Currently I just have a bare chassis, nothing attached.

I had a loong Google and dredge through the forums before posting but apologies if this has been asked already. Thanks in advance for any pointers!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

over in the uk we have a bracket that goes around the chassis at the rear of the board and that has an arm coming off that the board bolts to, the front bolts to where the body mount is just under the front doors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: