QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

TOD indicator and CHECK light flashing should I be worried?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:44    Post subject: TOD indicator and CHECK light flashing should I be worried? Reply with quote

Recently acquired a Aug 95 'N' Bighorn 3.1 Auto Diesel, the TOD indicator and CHECK light are flashing should I be worried? Could this just be an electrical/connection fault on a car of this age or if previous owner affected the wiring in any way or is it truly telling me something is seriously wrong with the transmission? What should I (or more to the point, my mechanic) do or look for?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

normally it's one of the speed sensors on the transfer box that reads the prop speeds (not the speedo sensor) but without either tech1 or 2 possibly it might be a snot to try and find, might be able to get it to do flash codes then post up the code on here and we might be able to tell you what it is
Huwbishop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 15:31    Post subject: Similar problem Reply with quote

I have just purchasecd an L reg 3.1td bighorn. On the drive home She would not select 4th or o.d., all other gears are fine. From cold the check trans light is off until it tries to select 4th. Speedo doent work either, just flickers now and again. Are these related?. Have i just pi$%ed 700 quid up the wall. Or is this mendable?
JeffG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 19:48    Post subject: TOD indicator and CHECK light flashing Reply with quote

Sorry its taken so long to reply to your response, it took for ever to get to look at the problem. What I now know is that as the vehicle has been converted to MPH, doing the flash codes thing won't work. In addition there is a 16 pin plug that my mechanic attached to his diagnostics computer but unfortunately it won't read an imported model. However recently the flashing has just gone away! Check light now not flashing, other than at start up and TOD indicator light stays appropriately constant as it should when in either two, auto and four wheel drive. Do you think the car just had a big cough and cleared its throat so to speak or is it no longer bothering to inform me? Seems to drive OK, just very whistle Turbo to consider!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: