QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

TOD Frustration 4JG2 import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cakeface

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 17:05    Post subject: TOD Frustration 4JG2 import Reply with quote

Having downloaded the manual and read the SOTF stickies I thought I ought to be able to sort out my check TOD light.
It wasn't disendaging the front axle, simple.
Oh no. First time I checked there was 7.2v accross the VSVs, and as one of my fault codes was 33 I thought that tre wire to it eas probaby shorting to earth.
Time check the manual and see which pin on the TOD control unit to connect to. According to the manual it is pin 5 (of 30), My tod ecu has a 22 pin connector. ok so check which wire has continuity.... only 1 wire does (but it is not the same colour as at VSVs). Connect the wire up directly to VSVs .... no change. turns out that the pin which connected to the only wire with continuity yo the VSVs is at 4.85v whatever position the transfer lever is in.I have reset stored fault codes and now get 32 (shorted or disconnected wiring for axle disconnect) anyone any Ideas
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 17:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Cakeface

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 16:29    Post subject: Sorted Reply with quote

Turns out it was a faulty tod control box. Just as well there happened to be one on fleabay - how likely was that?
I guess it's time to break the old one open and see if I can trace the vsvs output circuit to see if there's any fixable fault, it'd be nice to have a spare.
Bubble-07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one - well done to you. Also good that you came back and posted how it was sorted - helps other in the future who may have similar problems.  salute
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: