4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Speakers Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clive

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 17:09    Post subject: Speakers Again Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I’m still trying to sort the speaker wires out on my Trooper, just to recap I’ve disconnected the wires on the rear speakers without making a note of where they fitted, the speakers have a large and small spade on them but the wires themselves have all large spades on them.

I’ll do my best to explain what I can see.

First off referring to the rear speakers, the speakers themselves are marked plus and minus.
The passenger side rear has two wires, one is all yellow the other is yellow/blue.
The driver’s side rear has two wires, one is all orange the other is orange/black.

The front speakers have a pair of wires connecting onto each of the two speaker connectors respectively ie there are four wires to each front speaker and unlike the rears there are no markings to indicate which is plus or minus.
I know how to find out which is plus and minus using a 9v battery on the speaker itself, but how can I find out which of the wires are plus and minus.

I’d like to get the speakers wired up correctly so they are not fighting each other and I’d prefer to do it without having to pull the radio out.

On the rear passenger side, I’ve tried to find out which is the minus wire by using a multimeter connected to the bodywork of the car and touching each wire in turn, !!Result!! the continuity buzzer did not sound.
I know I’ve more than likely done the test totally wrong.
Can someone out there tell me how I can check which is the negative wires both on the front and rear speaker wires.
The speakers are working fine, it’s just that I’d like to get them wired correctly.

I hope some electonics wiz out there can make some sense of the above and thanks to anyone who can help me.

Clive
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 17:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan

Thanks for the quick reply, what I know about eletronics I could write on the back of a postage stamp.
Looking at the RR speaker LH it appears as though one wire is (y) yellow and the other (L) blue which ties in with whats on my car, sorry to be a bit dim but which is the negative out of the two wires and how can you tell?

Can you elaborate at bit more please.

Thanks again for your help

Clive
JungleC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the diagram again, inside the speaker if a small + and -, so for RR LH Yellow is + and Blue minus
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes it's easier to go by pin number than the wire colour
Clive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan

Go by pin numbers that sounds very much like a radio out job, also I'm not that good at reading electrical circuits.
I can see the wiring colours on the wiring system sheet 8D-353   which you were good enough to post and looking at sheet 8D-575 showing numbers presumably on the back of the radio, but I don’t know which wire colours tie up with the corresponding numbers shown.

Cheers

Clive
Clive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/skyhawk2000/Front%20Speaker%20Connections.jpg

Hi JungleC

You say yellow is + and blue/yellow is -, ie the wire with the single colour is +
I assume this will be the same for the speaker on the opposite side of the car at the rear, namely the all single colour wire which is orange will be + and orange/black being –.

Have a look at the sketch of the front speakers, is there any chance you can put me right on which are the + wires.

Thanks

Clive
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you go by pin no.s you don't worry about the wire colour as it could be different depending on what company made the loom when the manual was printed
Clive

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Eithan

It looks as though It's going to be a radio out job, which involves stripping some of the trim out, from what I can see  in the manual.

When Iv'e got that far I'll come back to you, I'm having to work on it outside and at the moment it's not exactly Bermuda Shorts and ice cold drinks weather  Laughing

I'm only guessing here, but I assume there will be some multi pin plugs at the back of the radio with a shed load of number on them.

I don't recall seeing any numbers on the wires at the speaker end or on the speakers, so I'm still uncertain how I will know which wire goes where, as I said I'll get back to you as soon as I get that far and thanks again for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: