Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4wd 3.0 trooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarecrow243

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 18:09    Post subject: 4wd 3.0 trooper Reply with quote

Hi my 4x4 light is flashing no matter what i have tried it will allow me to move the transfer lever from 4x4 high to  4x4  low when the button is pressed  but the light wont stop flashing anyone any idea what to check thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 18:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Wilberforce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashing green 4WD light signifies a problem, solid green that everything is okay.

First things to check would be the actuators on the front axle / propshaft, I reckon. They're vacuum operated jobs, and if you stick your head under the car, then get somebody to push the 4WD button, you should be able to hear what's working or not.

| Jessica  - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
scarecrow243

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 14:25    Post subject: 4wd Reply with quote

Hi  tried lying under the motor with someone pressing the button but could not hear the front working with the engine running but did hear the transfer working so i jacked the rear wheels up onto axle stands then tried 4x4 the car would have drove forward if i let it so it seems the 4x4 is working and the ecu is not seeing it to make the light stop flashing  Question  could this happen thanks
Browndoff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's probably way too late to be any use to the original poster - but others with the same problem might be wondering....?

He proved that the Trooper HAD shifted into 4WD by lifting rear wheels [kinda dangerous!] - but the dash-light is still flashing 'cos the 4WD Control Unit DID NOT get the signal that the shift had taken place. That is controlled by the position-switch right next to the actuator-diaphragm housing down on the front-left half-shaft. The electrical diagram shows this switch as OPEN until the 4WD is engaged and then it closes and earths terminal 9 on C94 back at the 4WD Control Unit - which turns the 4WD dash-light ON continuously.

When the dash-light still flashes but the 4WD IS ENGAGED - then it's just an electrical fault either in the position-switch itself [usually just broken leads going into the top of the switch] or the cable going back to the 4WD Control Unit. First, separate the two halves of P17 [that's the connector close to the Position Switch] and use any old piece of wire to short the end leading back to the 4WD Control Unit. This can't do any harm, 'cos that what the Position-Switch is supposed to do! It should make the 4WD dash-light turn ON continuously - if NOT then this cable is the problem and you'll have the fun task of running a new line back to terminal 3 on H60 [at least - or from 3H60 to 9C94]. Replacing cables is pretty tedious but not too expensive when compared to replacing a faulty 4WD Control Unit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: