4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

I ran out of electricity yesterday!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogri the trog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:57    Post subject: I ran out of electricity yesterday! Reply with quote

'95 3.1 133K miles, only had it since just before Xmas.

Noticed a few times that the alternator drive belt was going slack, so I've put a second pinch bolt behind the adjuster locking bolt to make sure. Noticed that there are some blobs of weld on the adjuster arm, which may be in indication of a previous owner having had similar issues or that the arm has been lengthened after fitting a wrong belt (the fan blades of the alternator are very close to some pipes that run down the side of the engine bay).

Started up yesterday morning to hear the usual squealing belts, but all looked good and set of on my journey. After a few miles the volt-meter dropped to nothing, so I turned off as many electrical devices as I could and left the engine idling for the few hours that I was out. Managed to drive it home but every last drop of electricity had gone - wipers, lights, instruments, even the led clock had stopped working.

During that homeward trip, at high revs, the instrument needles would occasionally kick upwards and some warning lights flicker on but it was as flat as your hat when I parked it up.

Has anyone had anything similar or any advice - I don't mind spending a bit and getting my hands dirty but things are beginning to pile up that I've bought a dud!

All help gratefully appreciated

Pete
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: