QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ABS warning light on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 15:19    Post subject: ABS warning light on Reply with quote

Looking for some advice, I'm looking to buy a Trooper 3.0 but with a 3.1 implant , question is the current owner says abs light is on.. is this just a sensor replacement ie the £200 one or is there anything else that it might be, or do I steer clear of it.
Also there is belt sqeal when engine is cold.. ?
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 15:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a fan of the conversion so i'd steer clear myself but with the abs then generally it's just a sensor as the engine doesn't have any connection to it but who knows what they have chopped around to wire the 3.1 in.  you can get flash codes out of it but a tech2 will tell you exactly what is wrong
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might even be an ABS reluctor ring (if that's the correct terminology). Not sure if the 3.0 is the same as the 3.1 but on the front, the rings bolt to the back of the brake disc.
More tricky on the back because they form part of the rear axle bearing retainer collar. IIRC you can do a multi meter reading on the sensors (low voltage). If it is a sensor, Mazda 323 sensors might be your saviour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: