Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1TD Smokey Start-up and Rising Oil Level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIGHORNS

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 13:40    Post subject: 3.1TD Smokey Start-up and Rising Oil Level Reply with quote

Can anybody offer any advice regarding my latest problem? I have just rebuilt the top end of my 92' 3.1TD Bighorn using a secondhand cylinder head. The head came with injectors in, which I left fitted as they looked OK and was told it came from a running vehicle. The engine starts up rough and smokes (blue) but clears after about 30-45 seconds. When warmed up, it runs fine except when only on light throttle during which time the engines runs lumpy and tends to hunt. I have kept a close eye on fluid levels since the rebuild and the engine oil level is definately rising. Any suggestions??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 13:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grandad

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

the two things that cause oil to rise are diesel or water

if its diesel then you have an faulty injector if its this it may also have black exhaust smoke
if its water then its a head or head gasket problem

blue smoke that clears after a few seconds is worn valve guides and or valve stem seals allowing a little oil to drip on to piston after a run

if your bighorn is automatic there is also a possibility that transmission fluid is being sucked into the oil via the vacuum system
BIGHORNS

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Bighorn is an auto. What could cause gearbox oil to pull through into the engine oil? What should I check for on the vacuum system? A pipe in the wrong place maybe?

The gearbox oil level appears OK and is not dropping.

I have another set of injectors which I will try first.

Cheers, Gary
BIGHORNS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention this problem occured immediately following an engine change after the previous lump went bang on the M18 after losing water un-noticed. However, the problem has now been identified as incorrect pump timing. An extra tooth on the timing has cured the problem and she now starts and runs like a dream! Engine oil level also seems stable so fingers crossed. Thanks for your comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: