4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear diff not limiting slip!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevies205

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 18:54    Post subject: Rear diff not limiting slip!! Reply with quote

Evening all.
I discovered last Friday that my 3.0 with g80 lsd wasn't working quite as Isuzu intended. The lsd appeared to be working intermittently and then stopped limiting slip altogether. I've removed the diff and it's a 43/10 which I believe is normal. The question is this.
I have a low mileage 3.1 for bits and whilst I'm guessing the casing crownwheel, pinion etc are all different, I was wondering (hoping) if any parts of the lsd are interchangeable. Can I simply swap the crownwheels over and use the 3.1lsd?

Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 18:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

different ratio the diffs are totally different to each other
stevies205

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I suspected that might be the answer. I had looked through the forum and discovered they are different ratios but wasn't sure if I couldn't use the body of the lsd and swap the correct crownwheel or even just use the friction plates from the 3.1 if they were the same. I better get looking for another diff then? I'm guessing it is fairly normal for these to wear out after a while? The diff did have the right oil in it but could have done 200k miles?
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep they are starting to stop working now as they get older
Dartmoor Dave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the plates that expensive?
Just asking?
stevies205

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really look for a price on plates as I figured that might write the truck off!! I did however replace the oil. The new oil which I was assured was correct is considerably thinner than the old treacle that came out and the lsd does seem to work properly now. How long for is anyone's guess!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: