Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1993 Bighorn headlights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmb8585

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 19:27    Post subject: 1993 Bighorn headlights Reply with quote

I'm changing out the headlights of my 93 Bighorn RHD in order to pass registration safety test.  The current headlamps have stone chips. When i pulled out the lights i noticed that aside from the main low/high beam bulb, someone had drilled out a hole in back of headlamp closer to the side of the lamp near the sidelight in order to put in a smaller bulb as well that is wired into the side lamps.  This is not factory at all.  The new lamps don't have this.  Anyone know why this would have done.  It just gives a very little extra light in the headlamp closer to the side. btw, i live in canada so I'm sure the headlights were originally changed out from the japanese RHD lights to canadian lhd trooper headlamps   thx
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 19:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gmb8585

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey me again, something else i noticed.  The new light i have uses a different type bulb and housing. This light is an Ishikoh 1423 and the bulb isnt held into the housing with the 2 retainer clips, it gets pushed in, has its own gasket on the bulb then a white retaining ring screws onto the housing to hold the bulb in place. My original headlamps are Ishikoh 1429 with a different style bulb that you clip into the headlamp with the 2 steel retainers. Are the Ishikoh 1423 from a different generation trooper or okay to use?  Of course the different bulbs have different electrical connectors so if okay to use i will have to change the connector end.  thx,  need help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: