4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hidden Storage ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmyB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 14:07    Post subject: Hidden Storage ?? Reply with quote

Just got my first Trooper/Bighorn 1996......plan to keep it to retirement 6 years away.  

2 questions:  

Best tyres?   I need some that will handle both mud and road and off course snow when it comes...I am not too worried about road noise.  I am on 245x70xR16 are other sizes better?

Also, can anyone tell me if there is a hidden storage compartment somewhere in it....I have read that there is !!

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 14:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bubble-07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

245 70 16 are the Trooper stock size tyres. For the use you are considering, you would be best suited getting an All Terrain (AT) tyre. Prices range significantly depending on the preferred make and you will get a wide variety of opinion on which is the best. Size wise, a 265 75 16 tyre fits the arches extremely well giving a more 'solid' looking stance and will not cause any rubbing issues. This tyre will fit onto your existing 16'' rims. Going larger than this would require a suspension lift which itself is a very simple exercise.
Bubble-07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, posted before I addressed the hidden storage compartment. Drop your rear seat backrests forwards by pulling up the 'toggles on top of the backrest. Tip the whole seat assembly forwards by releasing the small lever at the back of the seat pad and lo and behold, there's the compartment in the floor under the seats.......  Very Happy  Very Happy
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

under the rear seat should be a storage compartment
JimmyB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubble-07 wrote:
245 70 16 are the Trooper stock size tyres. For the use you are considering, you would be best suited getting an All Terrain (AT) tyre. Prices range significantly depending on the preferred make and you will get a wide variety of opinion on which is the best. Size wise, a 265 75 16 tyre fits the arches extremely well giving a more 'solid' looking stance and will not cause any rubbing issues. This tyre will fit onto your existing 16'' rims. Going larger than this would require a suspension lift which itself is a very simple exercise.

Many thanks for bothering to reply...very helpful and I will do my research with that info in mind.

God Bless.
Jim
JimmyB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
under the rear seat should be a storage compartment

Cheers for that info and the link....very re-assuring to make new contacts....I am hoping to enjoy this old bus for a good few years, so I am sure I will need good advice along the way.

God Bless.
Jim
JimmyB

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to get my old 96 Bighorn back from Dan and Neil at Pocklington who's knowledge and good reputation seems to go before them.  Thanks.

I am not mechanically minded and to be honest feel a bit of a fraud being on this site...but it comes highly recommended.

I am just an older guy 57 vintage...who wanted and needed a decent truck to see me through the next few years doing various jobs both summer and winter on this rural small holding where we are trying to set up some counselling/therapeutic work using various animals.  So I got an old 96 Bighorn import.

Question:  What parts are most likely to fail on the 3.1.... Is it the alternator and fuel pump?  Or did I hear that wrong?

Just got some used mud tyres in, good price so bought early for winters boggy conditions where we live... 245x75x16  so hoping they are ok...previous answers suggest [although not the stock size for the Bighorn] that they are.

I will be having a roof rack fitted soon as have to carry small hay bales around a lot....I am needing a rear ladder...just missed one on a well known auction site as my sluggish internet failed at the crucial moment....annoyingly the ladder has now now come straight back up for sale at more than twice the money !!!

Any one out there got one?

To those who do.... thanks for reading and bothering to reply.
Bubble-07

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Knight makes and ships ladders for members all over the world. He lives in Iceland but has shipped many back to UK in recent months. Excellent quality and exact copies of original item. Look him up on itocuk facebook page. You'll be doing very well if you find an Isuzu roofrack - hens teeth etc. I believe the Citroen Berlingo rack is a very good fit. Failing parts....................? None that I'm aware of.
JimmyB

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that info....will look him up....very much appreciate your help.
Jim
JimmyB

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh....Can't do that as not on face-book...has Craig Knight got a website or other contact details ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: