4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 Engine fault sorted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Trout

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 20:56    Post subject: 3.0 Engine fault sorted. Reply with quote

Hello all. I've had a frustrating couple of months, but all is now sorted. The process as brought up a couple of thinks that I have not seen on here, so I thought I would share my findings.

On my way to work in the snow in March, the engine management light came on and the truck went into limp mode.

I gave it filters and oil change, cleaned out the EGR valve and MAF sensor. No joy. I have since changed MAF sensor and EGR solenoid. I also cleaned out the fuel line water trap. I checked the  throttle position sensor and that seemed to be working correctly.

Then I found that the ECM fuse was blown, I replaced it and it lasted about 20 miles. Some research turned up a thread on 4wdaction (search; Fix to stop ECM fuse blowing.) It turned out to be a similar fault. The factory wiring was fine, but in the past a reversing sensor was fitted to the truck and the power supply was taken from one of the gearbox switches. The connection was made by un-insulated spade connectors. I ripped out the remaining wires from the reversing sensor and sleeved the wiring. New ECM fuse fitted and Truck is running better than ever.

So, what I learned: If the engine management light comes on, check the 10A ECM fuse, under the bonnet. If it's blown take out gear lever gaiter and check the wires around the gearbox.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 20:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: