4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

'53 trooper 3.0 starting issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's under the rocker cover and can be removed with injectors incitu so don't take them out to change it, ideally it needs calibrating after fitting to run at it's optimum but it will start with out calibration. this is a test only as it puts the fuelling out and could cause damage if driven but i know people do do it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 18:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ijchapman@msn.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan

Thanks very much.  Will it be ok to drive it 3 miles to the garage?  Will the check engine light go out when the ORPS is replaced and recalibrated?

Thanks
Jonny555

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
do you know anyone with another trooper? you could swap the ecu when the light's not on and see if it comes on with the borrowed ecu, it won't start it it's just to see if it is an ecu issue. if it is then you would need an ecu kit you can't just do the ecu on it's own.

i take it you have searched the forum and tried the normal suspects just to eliminate things?

Hi only got bk to looking at 4x4 now got a Ecu kit and chanced all and still the same only starts if check engine lights up
crs4455

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, did you ever sort the problem with non start when check engine light NOT on? I have a very similar problem except it is very very intermittent and when it does cut out or not start, the glow light does not illuminate and Tech 2 diagnostics stop communicating making it impossible to check data when the fault is there! 12 volt feeds to J3-1 and 2 good, plus earth to J3-3 and 4 good. No terms burnt. The fault is so rare and when it does happen it solves itself again within a few mins, you have little/no time for checking wiring etc. Only thing I have noticed is the volts to Tech 2 in the diagnostic socket are slightly lower than normal by 0.5 to 2 volts suggesting bad earth or connection somewhere. I am about to change the ecu, but would like to be fairly sure before doing this because of cost!  Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: