All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Battey & 4wd lights on, batteries charging heater trips

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked the alt is charging?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

3.2Monty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the alternator is charging, the gauge reads approx. 13-14volts and the car runs and drives fine:) Also this morning the heater started working again, I'm going to look at the wiring on the back of the alternator as my first thing to check. Thanks for your help, regards David
3.2Monty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I took alternator off at the weekend, wiring all looked fine, put back together and re-tensioned belt a bit more than normal and the squeal has now gone away on start up Very Happy . However the 4x4 light and alternator light still staying on most the time now and the heater fan works when it feels like it. One thing I noticed with the heater is once its on it stays on the whole time (unless you obviously switch it off) however when its off and you are trying to get it to come back on it wont, no matter what you do. Even going over rough bumps to jolt it into life has no-effect so I was wondering if its more likely the relay sticking shut/open. Apparently its located in the driver foot well fuse box area so I will look at that in next few days.

While looking through the Isuzu trooper manual (bible) section 8D-67 is about the start and charging system and it says upon cranking, the blower is switched off and I was wondering if the switch off part of the starter relay is staying stuck shut stopping the fan from coming back on?? I could be grasping a straws here!! Also the wiring diagram 8D-68 and 8D69 shows the link between the alternator, starter relay and the Heater relay. Also it shows a component called the 'SHIFT LOCK CONTROLLER' - does anyone know if this is the posh name for the 4x4 light?

Your thoughts anyone, help Crying or Very sad
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

the blower and 4x4 system run via the alternator charging circuit hence why when the alts fail those lights come on and the blower stops blowing, charge relay is in the fusebox under the bonnet. also wiggle the blue and white wire i think in the plug going to the alt while someone watches the dash for the lights to come on just in case it's a bad connection
3.2Monty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:01    Post subject: Problem solved!! Reply with quote

Hi everyone, after much annoyance and time spent checking wiring, relays etc I've finally cured my problem of 4x4 light and charge warning light coming on intermittently along with the heater stops working. Basically I removed the after market alternator and re-fitted the original OEM one which came with the car and the problem has gone away. I'm guessing there is a problem on the regulator in the back of the aftermarket alternator. Just hope my original one keeps going. The after market one from Millners was only a couple of years old, but was a fraction of the cost of a genuine Isuzu one. Hope this helps someone out. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: