Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Pollen Filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 13:53    Post subject: Pollen Filter Reply with quote

Hi Guys

When looking for an air filter I’ve also seen cabin filters or pollen filters as they are sometimes known by.
I don’t even know if my Trooper has one or provision for one, can anyone tell me where in the car these filters live, Iv'e got the Isuzu Trooper 3.0TD year 2000.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Clive
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 13:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

placebouk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have AC you have one. They are behind the glove box
Will be a  slot about inch wide for filter slide in n out
Clive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi placebouk

Thanks for the reply, yes it has got Air Con so I'll try and see whats up behined the glove box, I'm hoping there is one already there as it will give me some idea of how to fit a new one.

Thanks again

Clive
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

not all aircon models have them, if it's a citation upwards then it should have but if it's a duty with aircon it might not have it
Clive

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Eithan

The log book says Citation but I have my doubts, since buying it I've found out it's a grey import via Ireland and it's not badged as a Citation but it's got LS on the side in chrome letters whatever that means.
There are other refinements missing like it does not have ABS which I think all Citations have unless I've got that wrong.

I took it to a main agent many moons ago when they had all the problems with fuel injectors that's when I found out it was a grey import, but Coleshill adopted it so I got the work done.

So a right mish mash of things, but at the end of the day it runs after working it's way through a few more injectors., I'm keeping my fingers crossed because at the last count I was told by the main agents no improvements had been made to the injectors, so it was like taking rubbish out and putting new rubbish back in.
Clive

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan  

I've had a look as best I can behined the glove box and can't see a filter, although there may be provision for one.  
I don't know whether to bother with one because I've been running around without one for years.

It's strange there's no mention about it at all in the service hand book, I guess that's why I didn't know one should be installed.
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to remove the glove box to see the trap door, it's just two screws at the bottom but it's worth checking just in case you do have one that has never been changed
Clive

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan

Thanks for the lowdown on getting the glovebox out sure enough there was a filter, I have to admit I would never have thought of lookling there.

Iv'e only been running around in the car for the last fourteen years and just found out its got a pollen filter.
Do you think it needs changing by now or do you think I can get a few more years out of it yet  hilarious
Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good economical use of filters then  Surprised  Surprised Surprised . Perhaps it deserves a fresh filter.  Very Happy  
You will need two. I use blueprint and they come in a box as pairs. When you have got the first one out, there is one underneath that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: