2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Isuzu Denver ABS fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bags

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 15:01    Post subject: Isuzu Denver ABS fault Reply with quote

Hi all

Having problems with my isuzu Rodeo Denver 2006, when I first start the pickup no warning lights stay on all is fine, drive it down the road 100 yards, press the brakes and the brake pedal is rock hard and I get a big vibration from it( like a drum roll) then the ABS light comes on, Brakes go back to feeling normal and all seems fine. Switch pickup off and back on ABS light goes out.
I've plugged in my fault code reader and no faults come up!

Problem only happens once every couple of days but very annoying and would love to get to the bottom of it.

Any help /advise much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Bags
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 15:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

not many fault code readers will read isuzu but it sounds like the abs is activating for some reason then seeing a fault, check the abs disc on the front wheels isn't cracked or spinning loose and do a resistance check on each sensor
Bags

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, do I need to remove hubs and discs to see / check the abs rotor?
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

think you can just about see it through the back
Bags

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks eithan

so here is where I'm at....

I got the multimeter out this morning and disconnected all the abs sensors, tested all individually and here is my results

N/S/F - 6.87 M ohms
O/S/F - 320.5 K ohms
N/S/R - 6.45 M ohms
O/S/R - 6.66 M ohms

So obviously there is a problem with the o/s/f but before I go out and buy an abs sensor for the o/s/f  is there anything else that would cause this kind of reading? Should I be checking deeper or is it just a case of changing the sensor?

Thanks in advance

Bags

Last edited by Bags on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:55; edited 1 time in total
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope id change that one and the light will go out automatically when it's fixed
Bags

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a little bit more help please..

So I changed N/S/F ABS sensor and all seemed ok, pickup no longer has the hard pedal nor the vibrating foot pedal but my ABS light is still coming on ( maybe once every couple of days, goes off and stays off if I restart).

I've checked all ABS sensors again and all readings are now between 12.03m ohms and 12.68m ohms so no real problems there.

So my question is this...

Does the bolt that attaches the abs sensor to the hub also act as an earth for the sensor or is it purely just to hold it in? ( my bolt snapped when I was removing it and due to the sensor being a tight fit with the rubber round it and it not moving at all I did nothing about it)

If the bolt just holds it onto the hub any ideas where to look for the fault now? Or do I need to remove hub drill and re-tap as I can't get a drill in properly without removing the hub?

Thanks in advance

Bags
Bags

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 22:17    Post subject: Still not fixed! Reply with quote

Ok still not got to the bottom of this yet however I now know how to make the ABS light come on whilst I’m driving.
If I go round a left hand bend at above 50mph it will come on, does not need to be a tight bend just a left hand bend! Right hand bend no problem, straight also no problem.

Anybody? ?  Crying or Very sad
Ben Trout

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your brake fluid level and perhaps rear cluster are all in order. The light may also indicate fluid or bulbs.

Does the Rodeo have pad wear indication? If the pads are just on the borderline, you could get that sort of intermittent warning.
Bags

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for your reply, I’ve checked fluid levels and I’ve no bulbs out.

I’ve fitted new pads not too long ago and they don’t have wired wear indicators it’s the metal screech indicator type.

I’ve also checked the abs flash code and no codes have been stored 🤨

It’s now not been on for about two weeks. ! Very strange and very annoying

Bags
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: