2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Should I have a remote key fob?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m9g

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55    Post subject: Should I have a remote key fob? Reply with quote

So I have a 94 bighorn which has central lockong, electric everything, heated seats, climate control and I was just thinking with all those goodies it’s strange I haven’t got remote locking which made me think maybe I should have and I have just never had the remote fob.

Does everyone else unlock with key or do you all have remote fobs?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tinker bell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any trooper I have seen with a remote fob have been in conjunction with an alarm. IE (cobra)(foxguard)
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been through the pain of changing key barrels and spider (long story) and from what I've seen chances are you won't have a key fob unless same scenario as already posted.
What I could see is the earlier 3.1 MkII didn't have a transponder in the key or column. We had issues with a MkIII 3.1 P reg 1996 which did have a transponder. Although this vehicle had central locking, the transponder had no interferance with that function. Purely activated by the key turning in the door lock. The transponder effectively only activates the fuel cut off switch on the pump. Due to damaged sustained, we changed the spider assembly on the column. The replacement came from a MkIV 3.0 which matched exactly to the MkIII. The WRONG MkII assembly from a NON transponder earlier vehicle was completely different. The transponder is match of three items, (a) Fuel cut off switch on the pump, (b) transponder in the column and (c) transponder element in the key. The key part can be removed from the original key and implanted into the new or replacement key if applicable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: