2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Newbie with lots of questions! Help required!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrooperGav

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 22:22    Post subject: Newbie with lots of questions! Help required! Reply with quote

Hello all!

Right, just bought myself a gen 2 ‘97 lwb Trooper 3.1, it’s a great, reliable old beast with a few scars etc that would be expected.

I’m using it mainly to support my shooting hobby and am not a serious off roader but would like it to be capable when required.

I’ve already added some modular wheels with a great set of Maxxis bighorn 265/75/16’s which after some fannying around removing arch liners, grinding some mud flaps etc now fit without scrubbing! It does need a lift though and I understand the front is straight forward with the torsion bar thingy but the rear needs to go up a couple of inches.

So I guess my questions are;

1. What’s the best way to lift the back? Springs for around £100 or someone has mentioned disco springs?
2. Is there anything else I need to do or consider when having the springs fitted?
3. I’ve been advised to ‘whip off’ the anti roll bars?

All help, support, advice and pointing in the right direction would be gratefully received!

Thanks all.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 22:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.1 spring spacers are the easiest as disco springs need to have the spring base mounted to the axle
no.2 just watch the rear flexi isn't pulled tight at fuel travel
no.3 no need unless your doing serious off roading as the arb can stop downward travel
TrooperGav

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
no.1 spring spacers are the easiest as disco springs need to have the spring base mounted to the axle
no.2 just watch the rear flexi isn't pulled tight at fuel travel
no.3 no need unless your doing serious off roading as the arb can stop downward travel

Thanks for the amazing info, really appreciate your advice!

In fact....looking at your business, perhaps I could bring the old girl to you for a few days in November to give her a once over and fit some goodies, service MOT etc if that’s possible?

It’s a trek from where I’m based but it’s always difficult to find someone you really trust etc!
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i don't own it i just work there, we do have a lead time of about 3 weeks so don't leave it to long before booking it in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: