QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trooper Citation 2002 Engine Stalling at low revs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattkee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 22:18    Post subject: Trooper Citation 2002 Engine Stalling at low revs Reply with quote

I hope someone can give me a push in the right direction.... my trooper has suddenly started cutting out at low revs.  It has always run perfectly until one day it cut out at low revs coming up to some lights.  It was hard to restart and the pushing the accelerator had no effect on the revs.  A couple of weeks later it did the same thing......  Now its getting more frequent every 1 in 10 times whilst  slowing down it will stall.  The other nine it runs absolutely perfectly.  Sometimes its easy to restart, but usually its hard.  It can take up to a minute to start and sometimes it runs really rough for a bit.  But it will always start......   so far.  Any help would be very very much appreciated as its dangerous to drive..  I am thinking about air in the fuel line, fuel pump possibly..... Matt
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 22:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

cutting out when slowing down and lack of throttle pedal is normally first signs of the orps failing, search the white wire trick and do that when it won't start and see if it makes a difference
mattkee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old mill motors,   thank you very much for your reply.  I am looking at how do do the "white wire trick"  but not finding any good explanations  (what does ORPS stand for please, is it oil pressure).  I will keep looking.  

In the meantime I have more evidence,

the check engine light comes on sometimes off at other times

the trooper seems a bit underpowered,

the engine can cut out anytime, even when going fast

The local dealer is not interested, I wish you were closer to devon.

Thank you again for your help.

Matt
mattkee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing, it starts more easily but I must not use the throttle.

Thank you

Matt
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

orps is oil rail pressure sensor, in the big plug by the dipstick tube the one that fills with oil, one of the pins is s tamped in the plastic 'C' it will be one of the middle wires in one of the rows you can't get it wrong. when you found pin c either cut the wire or remove it from the plug but leave enough to rejoin it then see if it starts. if it does start when previously it wouldn't then the orps is knackered and needs replacing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: