4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pussycat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:11    Post subject: Engines Reply with quote

Hi I still have a problem with my 3.0l 4xj1 engine I have done everything eithan had suggested, and drew m kindly came over with his tech 2 with we found the ops wasn't working it never moved from minus 0.6 fitted new one, still not starting or getting fuel but will start if I spray easy start into it I removed  the oil pipe from the injector gallery and oil came out with some pressure so I take it that the ops is working So now the old head is sore with trying to work it out, just wondering if it could electrical I would be appreciated if any one has any advice
                                                          Colin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

drew m

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 14:04    Post subject: non starter Reply with quote

Hi Colin,
I would try a fuel supply from a separate container to by pass fuel filter and see what happens, sounds like a fuel issue to me.
Drew
pussycat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 20:39    Post subject: 4xj1 Reply with quote

Hi Drew tried that with a clear hose even filled the hose with fuel it doesn't seem to be drawing into the pump does that mean the pump is knackered ? just wondering if there is any way to bypass the pump maybe with a HP electrical pump just to see if it would start ?

Colin
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

is tech2 saying injectors enabled or disabled?
drew m

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 22:58    Post subject: non starter Reply with quote

Hi Eithan
Haven't tried tech 2 since new orps was fitted I live an hour away from Colin, when hooked up previously orps was jumping between -0.7 and 0.6 on cranking, oil rail pressure was 30%the injectors at that time were disabled as was expected as orps was knackered.
Drew
pussycat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:43    Post subject: 4xj1 Reply with quote

Hi eithan/drew just read what drew said do you think we should try the tech 2 again to see if the injectors are enabling ? I took the rocker cover off last night as I read that the injector harness can get oil into it  the orps plug and the one next to it had some oil in it also the multi plug on the loom would like to fit an other one as the plug next to the orp was a bit brittle, but cant seem to locate one tried eebuygum & 247 spares which is supposed to cover the country

Cheers Colin
drew m

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colin,
Try cleaning injector loom connection with some type of spray, I use brake cleaner, also I drilled a hole in the corner of plug to let oil out, it does build up in there over time. Eithan or trooper Dan could maybe supply you with new or good second hand parts if needed.
Drew
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

new harness is £160 plus vat i had to price up one today for a customer,

check if it says enabled or disabled, to enable them the ecu needs to see crank signal, cam signal, and good oil pressure on the orps. if it doesn't see those signals then it won't even think about trying to start
drew m

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan,
Would the engine fire up with easy start if the crank signal wasn't there.
Drew
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it would start and run on it but as soon as you stop the easy start the engine would stop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: