All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Drivers side front seatbelt stalk cover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolerry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03    Post subject: Drivers side front seatbelt stalk cover Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

My Troop failed its MoT on saturday  Sad   it doesnt have the drivers seat front stalk plastic cover for the seat belt retainer! Apparently the are new MoT rules of which this is one of them as its passed countless MoTs before without it. Seat belt still functions properly!

Main dealer only offering the complete stalk, and so are some breaker yards (£50 for stalk). Anyone got any good ideas where to get a plastic cover?  Very Happy  

Cheers,

Simon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

02Trooper777

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry cannot offer parts advice (other than to say I think the two parts snap together and probably have a dab of superglue - at least the one I removed last year had) but can say - WHAT A LOAD OF 'new' CIVIL SERVICE NONSENSE/BS !!

Someone sitting at a desk thinking up new ways to fail MOT and potentially rake in some more money for the government.
My local MOT man said he now had to fail vehicles with non-perfect brake fluid BUT   ... the Ministry had not yet recommended/authorised a fluid tester.
Cart before the horse?

Makes you savage and want to really question the sanity/effectiveness of 'workers' at the Ministry ...
Reminds me of the numpty who thought they should ban aftermarket steering wheels with holes in the spokes - 'in case you got your finger stuck in one'.

Still - the outgoing CEO got a gong to go with his bonusses for doing what he was well-paid to do ...
1986 Saab 900 Turbo. '84 Marlin Roadster.
+ motorcycles & '76 Reliant Kitten (don't laugh - it has got 4 wheels)...
02Trooper777

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.

I replaced the complete cover with a used one prised off a scrapyard vehicle many months ago ...

but just today I found the missing half of the original cover jammed under the carpet below the pre-tensioner and thus out of sight !

Moral is - always look well for the absent part I guess. Must have been there for several years.
1986 Saab 900 Turbo. '84 Marlin Roadster.
+ motorcycles & '76 Reliant Kitten (don't laugh - it has got 4 wheels)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: