Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

CHECK 4WD light on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bags

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:48    Post subject: CHECK 4WD light on Reply with quote

Morning

need a wee bit of help with my Isuzu Rodeo Denver 3.0 manual 2006.

All was fine and working as it should yesterday ( was in and out of 4wd all day) , drove to the shops this morning( in 2WD obviously) and on came my CHECK4WD light with the green 4WD symbol was flashing...

Ive checked the under bonnet fuses and none blown.
Light between 2H and 4H stays on for two seconds ( as it should) on ignition on then goes out.
If I press 4WD H and hold it down the Green 4wd icon flashes but nothing happens...

I can also no longer hear the transfer actuator making any noise when 2WD, 4WD or 4WD LOW buttons are pressed, just the occasional click..

not sure what next to check and how.

any advice very much appreciated.

BAGS

Update...... I removed the transfer actuator ( black plastic box ) from the transfer box and with wires still connected pressed the buttons inside the  cab and the actuator moves freely. I also put a screwdriver into the splines where it goes in the transfer box and that also turn to its set positions freely. Still stumped tho.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

motors are common to go wrong  but try resetting the ecu as per the sticky at the start of this section
Bags

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan

I've read the sticky, thanks..

Are you talking the vehicles main ECU or is there a control unit somewhere for the transfer system?

If it's the cars main ECU is that the one under the front passenger seat with the two tamper proof bolts(that have been snapped off!) and two 10mm normal bolts.

Or the one

Under my Driver's seat, a little black control unit with a protective plate over it and two multi plugs going into it.

Any idea of the cost of a new actuator? Looks expensive!

Cheers

Bags

Last edited by Bags on Fri Jan 11, 2019 0:25; edited 2 times in total
Bags

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is where I’m at now.

Found 4x4 ECU (under drivers seat) reset it and light has gone out.
All 4x4 system working again.
However why did this happen? Is it likely to happen again?

Bags
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: