4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

when driving the engine feels restricted at 3250rpm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray_of_Sunshine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 22:22    Post subject: when driving the engine feels restricted at 3250rpm Reply with quote

Hi Guys been a long time since I've been on here, still have my trusty old 3.1 commercial which has just done little over 100,000 miles, noticed something a while ago but thought it was just a strong wind at the time, when I was driving close to 70mph when overtaking on a dual carriageway something felt wrong so I slowed down after pulling back into the slow lane, a week or so later same thing but I forgot about it until the same thing happened yesterday when getting close to 70mph I can only describe it as something like grabbing the vehicle and holding it back I a constant speed this time and still did it's like the vehicle stutters but the engine still sounds to be running sweet no smoke or anything, I tried the same revs but in 4th gear and same result so it's not speed related so has to engine in some description.

Looking to you guys for some advice as to what it sounds like or has something similar happened to you guys or maybe you can help me rule out some things I've been reading from searching the forum whether it's fuel restriction, turbo issue, orps (whatever that is) or what any advice would be grateful, normally did use that much revs so not much of and issue right now but don't wish to cause additional damage if its some thing I can fix easily as just fitted new rear springs to get through MOT and recently replaced the Alternator as well, I love my old girl and hope to driving her for years to come.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 22:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Ray_of_Sunshine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to a fair number of views and yet now replies at all am I just imagining an issue where there isn't one I even in second gear it doesn't want to rev past 3.5 thousand and just feels lumpy don't remember being like that but maybe I am just imagining it after all but it just didn't feel right so that's why I asked you guys.
Jenny H

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just browsing and saw your post.

We have experienced similar in other TD vehicles, described as 'limp home mode', related to the turbo perhaps.  In our 2008 VW Transporter the other day we had this on the motorway, it was as if there was just no power and it wouldn't go above 60mph.  We stopped and switched the engine off, left it a minute or so and it reset itself (but we're going to get a diagnostic check).  We've also experienced it in an older, L200 pick up.

Just a thought,
Jenny
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

no orps on the 3.1 so check the turbo is ok and the fuel filter isn't getting blocked,

sounds like over boost on the transporter jenny quite common on vag engines
Jenny H

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, cheers!
Jenny
Requin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the same problem with my 3.0 tdi.
Hard to start when cold, clouds of white smoke. After it starts it runs well for a while.
After a few miles, you can't rev it past 3200-3300. Drive a bit more and suddenly it revs perfectly as high as you want and after another while it restricts revs again to 3300 max.
Otherwise it runs well, no power loss even when it refuses to rev over 3300.
No clue what it might me, perhaps if you sorted yours out... you could share the bounty.
Thanks!
catherine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have encountered comparatively in other TD vehicles, portrayed as 'limp home mode', identified with the turbo maybe. In our 2008 VW Transporter recently we had this on the motorway, it was as though there was only no power and it wouldn't go above 60mph. We ceased and turned the motor off, left it a moment or somewhere in the vicinity and it reset itself (yet we will get a demonstrative check). We've additionally experienced it in a more seasoned, L200 get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: