4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ZX1 extralube - anyone used it?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steev0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a '03 Skoda Octavia VRS which I have owned from new. I have serviced it myself from around 13,000 miles and I have used ZX1 in the oil change then and about every 30,000 since. It now has 130,000, runs as sweet as it has ever done, burns no oil and still goes like *beep* off the proverbial shovel!
It also has its original exhaust, still intact after 7 years!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 13:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Sir Henry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these additives putatively work by bonding a compound to the friction surfaces through heat and/or pressure.

With Slick 50 this is alleged to be micron-fine particles of PTFE. Since this substance is so slippery that any 2 surfaces coated in it are supposed to have the same coefficient of friction of "wet ice on wet ice", which is about as slippery as any two surfaces can get.

Molyslip, which has been on the scene for several years before Slick 50, supposedly uses molecular molybdenum disulphide which is an atom of metallic molybndenum bracketed by a pair of sulphur atoms (S-Mo-S). The makers claim that the combination of heat and pressure causes one of the outer sulphur atoms to bond to the friction surfaces where shearing forces and ionic imbalance in the molecule allows the other unbonded sulphur atom to become dislodged and therefore expose the molybdenum atom. This also gives a more slippery surface and (again allegedly) filling some of the deeper scratches in the friction surfaces.

Despite the flowery language this ZX1 substance sems to do much the same, but without saying what materials are being used. "The re-engineered hydrocarbon molecules in Extralube ZX1 actually synergise (eh?) with ferrous and non ferrous metals on contact, forming a complex long-chain molecular bond (that's what I said) which is extremely slippery and tenacious".

I've used both of the first two with nothing but positive results, but basically yer pays yer money and yer teks yer choice.
stadenl
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the ZX1 still available in the club shop, can't seem to be able to navigate to it ?
jackabea
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 20:04    Post subject: where? Reply with quote

just looked at the shop can't see it?

jack Confused
catherine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I likewise added some to the transmission and have seen that the transmission liquid is currently darker where before it was indistinguishable shading from the trans liquid. The vehicle drives great still, other than a transmission issue it has had since I initially possessed it. When I originally included the zx1 the gearbox demonstrated a stamped improvement however at this point it is by all accounts somewhat more terrible than when I previously got the vehicle. Will request that my neighborhood carport does a gearbox flush as I am speculating that the zx1 may have unstuck some stuff from the gearbox electrical engineer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: