Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Any active dog owners?

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Gregsta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Gregsta wrote:
Da Gregsta wrote:
We have a Neopolitan Mastiff girl, called Roma, 13stone of slobber manufacturing facility disguised as a dog! Laughing

She is getting on now, at 9 and a bit, but still is strong as an ox when she wants to be.

When she was younger she used to grab hold of a tow rope on my 90 or Landcruiser and drag it, handbrake off, across a field.
Favourite toys used to be 4x4 tyres thrown into 5 ft of water, she swims down and picks them up, growling underwater at them, well gargling.

Gentle giant to family and friends but very protective and a great housedog.
Has a woof that would deter any would be intruder, and can look over a 6ft fence!

Skin doesnt really fit, in fact its amazing she finds all the leg holes in the mornings.
And she snores...I mean proper snores! Even neighbours have commented!

Still loves swimming (we live 100yds from the sea), which is great exercise for her, at 9 her back legs are still good and she has no heart issues which are commonplace with the giant breeds. So all good.

Take her out shooting sometimes, she will retrieve when she feels like it, but is much much better at beating!

Will add some pics to the thread when my post count allows Wink

Pics as promised...

Sadly we lost Roma last week, she became really ill and at nearly 11 years old they could not consider operating at all due to her size/age, so we had to have her put to sleep.
Hardest decision and thing that we have ever had to do, but she went peacefully and is not suffering.
To all the other dog lovers who have posted in this thread, make the most of your mutt in their short lifetime, as you wont have them forever and they leave such a huge hole in your heart and life when they go.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 15:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Crying or Very sad That is the only trouble, They break your heart.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
WHISKYTANGOFOXTROT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYLAN wrote:
Sorry to hear that Crying or Very sad That is the only trouble, They break your heart.

Hear hear !.........I understand we lost four in a year ,but seeing as we had over 100 dogs that aint bad when the oldest was 16 and the youngest 14 ! its never easy , just keep on talking about them and smile !! you have too  Wink
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
Da Gregsta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind words, that was certainly the toughest time of my life.

Sally and I had discussed ages ago about getting a house rabbit after I had seen loads in customers houses at work, and not wanting to will Romas time away at all, but we had agreed that we get a Rabbit or maybe a cat before we got another dog when the time came that we lost Roma...

So along came Digby, a 5month old French Lop that we came accross in petsathome's rehoming bit...
He helped us through the subsequent weeks, providing a distraction, and, more importantly, making noise at nighttime. The nights were a killer for me, Roma was so noisy, snoring like a warthog, thumping her tail when she was dreaming, and without her the house was just silent...and the one time you cant busy yourself with something to take your mind off things, is when you are trying to get to sleep.

As much as Digby is cool, and he's a proper little character...he aint a dog, and I dont believe that any other household  pets give the same level of interaction as dogs do. We talked about getting another dog, and decided the summer hols would be the best bet as Sally is part time teaching assistant and gets 6 weeks off then, an ideal time for dealing with a puppy...

But a "mistimed" browse on the internet kinda blew the plans out of the window a few weeks back, when we came across Misty needing a new home.
So a few weeks ago we went up to north shropshire and picked up our new dog, an 18month old Bernese Mountain Dog. She was needing to be rehomed as her owners had separated, but seeing as she had been bought up with a cat we figured that she, with time, would be ok with the rabbit.

So here is Misty, after a bath and loads of brushing denotting, she is looking good...still loads more to do though.
She's settling in really well, loves the rabbit, enjoys the beach, loves our woods and had a great time at the weekender....and she has made our house a home again.

Misty

misty and digby

Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Gregsta wrote:
...and she has made our house a home again.

Cool ...... Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Muddymoss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, lovely looking dog and well done you for taking on a rescue. We've had our rescue jack about 4 years now and couldn't be without him. Dogs are great fun each and every day but they will break your heart when they go. Good luck.
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having met misty last weekend ,she is truly a lovely dog  Cool

David ltm47
Da Gregsta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate...did you get your ears washed by her? Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Da Gregsta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....since I posted this, we have rehomed another Bernese Mountain dog, Kane.....and a few weeks back a rescue from the dog cull in Romania, who is a 9 month old collie with a bit of st bernard, who we have called Benji...
NO MORE HOUNDS!!! 3 is enough...LOL

All 3 had a cracking time at our August BH weekender in the woods, Mistys 2nd one, but Kane and Benji's first stay in the caravan and woods.

Misty and Kane...

All 3 of the numptys...
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic mate..... Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Hopefully in the near future they'll catch up with my three  Smile
Da Gregsta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan RR...has only been a few years since you were invited to come up to our woods meets Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Gregsta wrote:
Sounds like a plan RR...has only been a few years since you were invited to come up to our woods meets Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I know.... Embarassed

Better late than never  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Da Gregsta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed...you just like to make an entrance. Laughing
bluelion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:50    Post subject: Pets Reply with quote

I have 2 American Cocker Spaniels named Martha and Douglas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: