Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

remote control key fobby jobby !!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilbyhilbly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 13:08    Post subject: Key Fob Reply with quote

Thanks Eithan, but what is a "dry joint" and how do I recognise it?.

I have got a soldering iron but I'm a bit wary of using it. If I can figure out the joint I'll have a go.

If I mess it up, is it possible to get new fobs for my trooper, sorry to seem thick, but I've never had one before.  Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 13:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wilbyhilbly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 13:11    Post subject: Key Fob Reply with quote

Thanks Eithan, but what is a "dry joint" and how do I recognize it please.

I have got a soldering iron but I'm a bit wary of using it although I don't mind having a go, but would I be able to buy a new key fob for my trooper if it all went wrong.
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dry joint is where the solder breaks around the pin it's meant to be soldered to, hence it gets a dodgy connection and some times doesn't work and the it does. Pop the fob apart and check it, it's the one right in the middle by the corner of the chip you can't miss it,
wilbyhilbly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the joint which looked like it had a tiny hole round the centre of it so put the iron on and it seemed to fill it. Reset the fob and it worked, went back next morning, Nothing.

So, no luck there, it's acting just the same as it was before.

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase new fobs for my trooper anywhere.

Thanks.
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check that joint again for some reason they keep going
wilbyhilbly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the soldering iron again, this time it worked nearly all day BUT next morning........nothing again.

Maybe it's like me, old with the memory span deteriorating, at least I can keep reprogramming the fob! Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the help,

John
gordythegeordie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update had to take vehicle and remote to Isuzu service centre they programmed it for me in about 15 mins on Tech2 machine all working fine now cost me £20 just need to get a key sorted now looks like that's gonna cost me about £70 unless anyone knows different ???
james79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across this whilst browsing on the site so thought I'd try it on the knackered key fob for my 05 rodeo and I'm pleased to say I now have two working key fobs again. I must say this place is a mine of information  Smile
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reset procedure (turn ignition on and press button) works for all Vauxhalls as well Wink

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

bg trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 14:54    Post subject: key fob Reply with quote

well I have just tried all of the above. New batteries in fob. sat in car and pressed locking buton. Doors locked and then unlocked.Still dosent work? I have studied the printed circuit board in the fob and cant see any cracks in the solder.So do I need to look harder, or just solder the connections anyway?.The reason I want the key fob to work is because the key has started to only work in the passenger door? It may be worn or the door locks are worn? Not sure which avenue to go down with my investigation?All I would like to achieve is to lock the trooper.Either by the key or the fob.
bg trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 14:18    Post subject: central locking Reply with quote

Well I have had some luck. I had a new key cut for the doors only.Thinking that maybe the old key was worn??. This made no difference at all. So I think that maybe the locks on all of the doors are worn out?? except the front passenger door, that works fine. So I found a repair shop for the key fob, which did not work , 7 minuts and hey it is fixed. he soldered a new switch on to the place where the old one was. only 10 leva. about 5 quid. So I can now lock the trooper, but seems like 4 out of 5 locks are worn out if you need to use the key.I suppose they wear out?
catherine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to state that the data displayed on the ITOC discussion is right on target. I as of late had an issue with my ORPS which was amended utilizing the data on the discussion. Information which, I may add is by all accounts non-existant from the ISUZU merchants. Possibly this is on the grounds that they don't bargain in 'more established' Troops and in this way don't have the experience. On account of all you guys(and young ladies) who are happy to share your experience and learning on this site.
fdsawer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:00    Post subject: central locking Reply with quote

Good Information..
Versatile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Just done it on my 54 plate Trooper.
Thanks again for all of the brilliant advice on here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: