4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

97 Isuzu Trooper Citation LWB 3.1 Rear Light Cluster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troopsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:04    Post subject: 97 Isuzu Trooper Citation LWB 3.1 Rear Light Cluster Reply with quote

Good Morning All,

I have recently purchased my wonderful Trooper and have a lighting issue. The rear light clusters (RHS AND LHS) holding the reverse lights and rear fog lights do not work. I have checked fuses/relays and all seem to be fine.

The wiring itself looks to be in good condition as well.

My only thoughts to what could be wrong is that the connection on the tow-bar for trailer lights looks fairly recent and so the fitting of it may have messed with the original wiring?

Also to note the car passed an MOT in September last year so unless they dodged it through the lights should have been working then.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

what lights in there are not working? they don't contain side lights they are in the bumper lights
Troopsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan,
The light clusters in the bodywork above the bumper hold two bulbs wired in on each side. The reverse light and I assume the fog lights?

I have seen on the forums that these clusters are only used on bighorns etc but they are definitely wired in and I cannot see anywhere else where the reverse lights would be.

Sorry if I am being super naive and missing something completely!
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are used on the uk spec troopers as well and do house the fog and reverse, reverse isn't used on single 7 pin sockets just the fog which if you tale the socket apart is the blue wire. some sockets do have a cut out switch which gets stuck you will see a grey with the blue if its got this which disconnects the vehicles fog light so you don't get glare off the caravan/trailer. if you connect the grey and blue together it bypasses the switch and the vehicle fog should work again.

is yours uk spec or jap import?
Troopsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s UK spec. So i don’t have reverse lights at all?

There are three wires going to the cluster, one black, one red and blue and one brown and yellow.

When I get back to my computer I could upload a picture.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

no you should have them, i would have a guess that theres an issue with the switch then if the bulbs haven't gone as it's a very simple circuit on troopers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: