4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Engine turns over. No start. Flash code 56. Immobiliser?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troopermatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 19:14    Post subject: Engine turns over. No start. Flash code 56. Immobiliser? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Had a Crank Position Sensor problem a few months ago which was sorted out, tahnks to eithan and many fo you guys here.

Now, Trooper (3.0 diesel) was running perfectly and as normal. I parked the car overnight and when attempted to start it last night, it would not start whatsoever.

I do not have a Tech II. I bridged pins 4 and 6. I got flash code 56. This 56 code seems to refer to IMMOBILIZER as to the workshop manual.

Pumped the oil filter pump, no success. Added 10 litres of diesel, just in cas, no success. Re-coded the remote control fob as per the driver's manual, no success.

It's all original key and fob. The engine turns over with a lot of electric power, but sadly no success, no start.

Can you help me please?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 19:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's got a transponder issue i.e the key then as soon as you put the ignition on it will flash the check engine light quickly at you is it doing this?
troopermatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
if it's got a transponder issue i.e the key then as soon as you put the ignition on it will flash the check engine light quickly at you is it doing this?

Hi eithan! Sorry for a late reply, was in Dover all day long, just came back. Anyways, the check engine light is still and does not flash at all. All dash lights seem normal. As said, the check engine lights up and stays on still. Rang local Isuzu this morning, the chap told me they've got a Tech 2 but said I should be aware it could take hours and hours to source, which means a fortune... labour is 120 euros per hour, uh!
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

id be surprised if it's the immobiliser it's pretty reliable normally i think i know of one in 20 yrs that had an issue with the immobiliser system, have you tried the white wire trick first to rule out the orps?
troopermatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the "good bit" is that trooper is outside the house, so need to be towed.

If I ever have to get a Tech 2 so sort it out, can I rely on the ones from China ? Seen a few on eebuygum. Would it help and what should I look for? Trooper is still "to good to break" really and I just spent 500 euros on tyres and steering elements.
troopermatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
id be surprised if it's the immobiliser it's pretty reliable normally i think i know of one in 20 yrs that had an issue with the immobiliser system, have you tried the white wire trick first to rule out the orps?

Ok, the "flash code" I had straight after the no start was exactly "56" : 5 flashes then 6 flashes 3 times sequence and so on. I haven't tried the white wire trick. TBH, the wire is already very short, but will do tmorrow  if I have to...
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the one we use at work is a clone and does everything the genuine one does
troopermatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, let's see what happens with the white wire tomorrow, will let you know
troopermatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

still haven't had a chance to test white wire trick and bad weather isn't helping either

in the mean time, if it does start when i cut the wire, would that defo mean a failed ORPS ? i'm asking so i can start looking for a 'cheap' genuine one and get ready for the task
troopermatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

to avoid cutting the white wire, i pushed the connector out enough in order not to make contact with the other bit of the plug
seems that engine attempted to fire up but unfortunatly the battery failed flat, so no power to start, battery was showing 11.80 v and is now charging
will give it a try tomorrow and see what happens
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

xcyes it means it's gone and millers are the cheapest genuine ones i've seen
troopermatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, ordered orps and started undoing everything to remove faulty orps following Gribble tutorial ORPS change in pictures.

Problem: the oil pipe lower nut would not crack and well... the pipe twisted again and again I think it's lost and still it wouldn't budge! The nut under it moves but the big one doesn't. I'm thinking now of cutting the pipe and hopefully source a new one. If I cut it how much chance do I have to remove the nut? I did not expect this to happen really.

BTW, ordered a clone tech 2 it's on its way from the far east...
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

2x27mm spanners are what i use but if it has gone to far then you will be able to hold one side in a vice whilst undoing the big nut, just be carful about swarf if you cut it getting in to the injection system
troopermatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
2x27mm spanners are what i use but if it has gone to far then you will be able to hold one side in a vice whilst undoing the big nut, just be carful about swarf if you cut it getting in to the injection system

thanks for your reply eithan, i'm just missunderstanding something here. how do use both 27mm spanners? is it one to hold the nut under the big one? and which "part" do I hold with the vice grip? please, thanks
troopermatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

just found a spare pipe on eb-bay £20 + shipping, awaiting the cost from trooper dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: