All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ABS Sensors (Again !!)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaker80

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say thanks a lot, I have just done this and it worked a treat. £20 for a n/s rear sensor from sensors4u and job done. Bonus! Thanks again Devon Dave.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 17:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fronteratech

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just done this fix on the frontera 2.2dti olymupus different way soldered in just about 6 in down from the plug and fastended the abs sensor through backplate with a ty rap was going to use original fitting but found that a cale tie was a better way of securing secured the new wires with tyraps to old

A big big thank you to all involved in this thread as it has a relevance to frontera abs sensors NLS from vauxhall will also suit isuzu amigo mu and vx as same sensor
dalco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also would  like to say thanks a lot, I have just done this and abs light went off almost immediately saved me a lot of pennies...great post....
marsbar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a 1998 R reg Vauxhall Monterey 3.1 which I believe is a rebadged Trooper (all the parts in it seem to be Isuzu).  My mechanic, at my request, tried this fix which did get rid of the permanently on ABS light.  It was the nearside sensor that was replaced.  However, now approximately 50% of the time when I brake to below about 5mph the abs kicks in but no abs light comes on the dash (it is still connected - you see it come on for checks at start up).  Is it that this fix unfortunately hasn't worked on my car and a genuine part will fix the fault or is something else wrong?  I understand no-one can give a definite answer without seeing the car but if anyone could give any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated as all I know about cars is how to drive them!  I'll (unhappily) pay for genuine parts if it'll fix my problem.  Also, does anyone know if the Vauxhall badged car uses the same parts as the Isuzu badged cars of this generation (and also part numbers if anyone knows them!)  Thanks for reading.
moonoroof

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great information. Thank you. Smile
Reminds me of the valve shims for the engine in the Mercedes 190 E 2.5-16 ( I have one) which are quite expensive at a fiver apiece, but ones for a Peugoet or a Kawasaki 1000 CC bike will do the same job, at a fraction of the price.
That said, I've used the O.E.M ones. Laughing
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsbar. Your new problem sounds like the excited ring is knackered. All Troopers, Bighorns, and Mntereys are identical year for year.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

*exciter .. effin phone!

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

marsbar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar - is that another name for the reluctor ring?  If so that was also replaced as the original broke when the sensor was changed.  The part I bought was VAUXHALL MONTEREY ABS RELUCTOR RING (91-99) FRONT - PRO-COAT V3 - ABS159 (per the eebuygum listing) but I think my mechanic did say the holes to attach it to the car didn't quite line up right - could I have bought a dodgy part?  Sorry, I know it's hard to say without seeing the car, all suggestions gratefully received.  Re your comment about them being the same year on year does that mean parts off a later model 3.0 are the same as the 3.1? Sorry, as I say, I don't know much about cars.
bluest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've joined the forum specifically because I need to replace the ABS sensor on my mates 2000 petrol Trooper. I broke the original when replacing the CV joint, but wasn't too worried until the parts place told me they couldn't get one and Isuzu wanted over £400 plus a three week wait!!!

Thank goodness for this thread, found the Mazda part in eebuygum for £13. Fingers crossed it goes in and works as described by the OP...
ian.s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 15:42    Post subject: abs sensor Reply with quote

Just ordered a front abs sensor from Autosense via eebuygum, the people at this outlet could not be more helpful, i've never really shopped around for sensors and just saw and bought from them however the item i was ordering was the wrong one, the guy from Autosense rang me and explained and provided a link to the relevant forum page with the job explanation on, hooray for a really helpful shop....thankyou Autosense  Very Happy
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another success here, for less than £20 it's worth a bash.

LTM 24
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here, did mine today  thumbright almost got the old one out intact too - right up to the point where I couldn't get the retaining bolt out lol, cold chisel worked a treat for that, and after one wee slip too many I chiselled and drifted the old one out in (lots of) bits  Laughing  Laughing

As Ladydriver said - could probably be doing with being made a sticky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: