2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Throttle Body

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 14:10    Post subject: Throttle Body Reply with quote

Hi wondering if someone can help me. Recently had oil rail pressure sensor replaced for second time on my old girl - 99 Trooper Citation 3.0.
Is there any interaction with throttle body in relaxing this e.g. Does it have to be removed in order to fit new sensor? Seems it has been off recently and wondered if it was when sensor was replaced?
Appreciate your experienced replies.
Thank you
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 14:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes on the euro2 version of the engine which you have they would have to remove the throttle body but on the euro3 version you don't
Cynt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your reply Ethian. I really appreciate it. Knowledge is power so good to know the answer before approaching the dealer with the same question. Going to be an interesting conversation!
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the check engine light coming on now?
Cynt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ethian, check engine light has been on for 9 years!?!  Latest diagnostics suggested could be throttle body but after so long it is what it is.
In replacing seal on throttle body my garage said one of bolts was just laid in place with no threads. As rasping noise occurred after having oil rail pressure sensor fixed at dealers I needed to confirm that they would have removed throttle body to fit new sensor and damaged bolt and just slipped it back in place.
Been to dealers today and waiting to hear back from technician.
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite common on both accounts, the ally the manifold is made from is very soft I’ve had to retread the throttle bolts  plenty of times before it takes minutes to do when you got the throttle body off. The light is most likely the throttle position sensor it’s on the body so you could kill two birds with one stone and is available on its own you don’t need to buy a new throttle body it’s about £70 I think and will need to be set up on tech2 so common we keep them in stock!!
Trooper Sean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 15:43    Post subject: Check Engine Light Reply with quote

Hi Eithan H and Cynt...I have a check engine light which comes on and off..more recently on....I have removed and cleaned the throttle body more than once  and replaced the TPS at my right foot.. light stays off for a while after I fiddle and then comes on and stays on...any thoughts cheers mine is a 3.0 Citation Auto 2001 with 80K
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have changed the pedal position sensor which is different to the tps, the tps is on the throttle body and both sensors are adjustable so you need to make sure they are set up correctly or it will keep bringing the check engine light on
Trooper Sean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 15:51    Post subject: Throttle Body Reply with quote

Thank Eithan..if I may is the TPS the black plastic plug on the throttle body or the large metal drive for the internal flap. Also how to I go about setting it...thanks
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the 3 wire sensor the other is the motor, as a rough guide you can use the centre moulding line on the sensor as a reference and just mark the throttle body where the line comes to then change the sensor and line up the moulding line on the new sensor with the mark on the throttle body.
Trooper Sean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 19:58    Post subject: throttle Body Reply with quote

Thanks Eithan I will give it a go in the morning...would it be ok to adjust it while trooper is running or should I do it cold with batteries disconnected Thanks again
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will have to remove the throttle body to fit the sensor so engine off, set the sensor up in line with the scratch from the old sensors moulding line and refit
Trooper Sean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 22:43    Post subject: Throttle Body Reply with quote

Cheers Eithan you are great help much appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: