2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

This Weekend I 'ave been mostly...Blanking off my EGR Valve!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrooperDan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it OK to blank off at the exh manifold end. Ive just snapped these bolts while doing the head gasket
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 22:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lotustower

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to blank both ends and it is ok to blank the ex manifold, those bolts are a *beep* mine went a couple of years ago.
TrooperDan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT. But looking through the box of spares that came with the car when I bought it, low and behold an exh manifold pops out with a Turbo and down pipe.  Cool  Cool Hopefully i can get the turbo off the car easily enough. or should I blank off EGR anyway ?
lotustower

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can change the manifold now I would as it is a *beep* of a job when under pressure to get it back on the road.  Blank off both manifolds and get rid of the pipe in between, then if you have anything else to do to it in the future it will be easier.
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a moot point but early Mk.1 Troopers weren't fitted with EGR valves. By default the exhaust manifold doesn't have that port on it for the crossover pipe. When my trubo blew I happened to have one in my garage from a previous silly idea of turbocharging an old Cavalier of mine and using parts from a trooper. Anyways I used that instead and just blanked off the port on the EGR mount.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

onestrog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 15:42    Post subject: EGR VALVES Reply with quote

Blanked mine off last week, running much better pulling up hills, I didnt take mine off just undid the bolts snd have slid a predrilled plate behind it with exhasut paste over it to seal working good at the mo.
Barts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 18:07    Post subject: Very new here so please be gentle with me..... Reply with quote

Well this whole thread has been very interesting and I hope may be the solution to my problem; I have a 94 on an M plate Bighorn 3.1 TD, just bought it and drove from Worcestershire to South Devon. It drove very well considering it had been standing for a long time the only problem was when pulling away it was dangerously slow in making forward momentum. once going it drove fine. I'm not expecting anything significant in acceleration from 0 - 20mph but it was truly frightening. Could blanking the EGR valves help?
For those inquiring about blanking plates I found these on Escray....(can't post the link) are they the right ones? Size is 65mm length, 48mm width & 46mm bolt center to center.

Any and all help much appreciated.
Andy
trooperian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 13:23    Post subject: Re: This Weekend I 'ave been mostly...Blanking off my EGR Va Reply with quote

mikeburton wrote:
Hi all,

Well I said I would and now I have...blanked off the dreaded EGR valve on my 1996 V6 Petroleum Powered Porcine.

I had noticed some uneven running despite the last lot of fettles I applied to the old lass (see posting re Lambda Sensor) and thought this EGR Valve could be at the bottom of it.

I had previously dismantled, cleaned and tested the EGR but it seemed to be functioning OK. However I still experienced "lumpy" tick-over when starting from cold, and I had the idea she was a bit lack lustre in the get up and go stakes too.

On the V6 I have the EGR valve originated with a plate coming off the N/S manifold up to the EGR valve via a fastener on the N/S rocker cover and on into the inlet manifold.

I manufactured a solid plate from 1mm alloy and shaped it to match the mating surfaces of both the EGR valve and inlet manifold. Drilled 2 holes corresponding to the original holes in the EGR and fastened it together. The plate is in effect a large gasket with no hole for the exhaust gas to pass through.

I documented the process with pictures and when I can figure out how to get the paintings out of the new shiny silver box thingy I will post them for all to see.

My experience is that the car starts better both warm and cold, and tick over is much more even at cold. Less blue smoke is evident when cold and the get up and go seems to have got up and returned. Fuel wise...dunno, it's too early to tell. I did notice an increase in economy when I switched to ESSO from Supermarket Wee Wee though. Approximately another 40 miles per fill up!!! NOT TO BE SNIFFED AT.

There you go. I will post the pics soon...I hope  Exclamation

hmmm i wonder if its the egr valve thats givin me my running issue ??

wicklamulla

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS i've read all these posts bout disabling/blocking off the EGR and i dunno what to do now !! I have no problems with mine that i know of and have bought the specific blanking plates off eebuygum Rolling Eyes   i suppose i could simply blank them off and block the vac pipes and see if there is any noticable difference,  if not and all is well i can leave them blanked. But should it cause me problems i can easily reverse it back to stock. decisions decisions Shocked  Very Happy
bg trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:12    Post subject: egr valve Reply with quote

Hi all, thanks for some very good information on this subject. But! I have the 3.l 4jx1 engine and I cant seem to recognise an egr valve anywhere? John wily posted some brilliant pics of the 2 egr valves. But I am now wondering if this engine actually has an egr. I seem to have some of the symptoms of a chocked up egr. Does anyone know if I am looking for something that I don't actually have? please. 3.l 4jx1 engine Diesel 2002 year.
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have got one on the inlet manifold just in front of the throttle body with a single vac pipe going to it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: