4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fault code P0201

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenthetuner

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:51    Post subject: Fault code P0201 Reply with quote

Help please, my first post here but I have found lots of useful information on this great forum.  My problem :-  I have a clone Tech 2 and was checking the injectors on my Trooper 3.0 when suddenly the engine stopped and wouldn't restart. I checked for fault codes and it showed P0201, 0202, 0203 and 0204. I cleared the fault codes and tried starting her again, no start. Check for fault codes and same again 01, 02, 03, 04.  I had carried out the click test on all the injectors and number 3 injector only clicked once so I carried out the balance test.  when i got to number 3 injector that is when the engine stopped and hasn't started since. Why ?  Thanks in advance for your time in answering my question.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

kenthetuner

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.   I have been slowly checking the wiring and found that the ECM 2 relay is not switching on. I have traced the green wire to junction 1 pin 10 red plug at ECM and checked ok for continuity. Pin 10 red socket of ECM is open circuit and not earthing on power up. Do I need another ECM?
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

will it do the click test now? and can you see what tech2 says the battery voltage is?
kenthetuner

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I replaced number 3 injector and carried out another click test whilst the cam cover was off.  I got five clicks on all injectors but the clicks were so faint I doubt you would of heard them with cam cover on. I put it all back together and tried to start the engine. Tech 2 showed injectors enabled after cranking for awhile but no start. I undone the domed nut on the fuel connecting pipe but there was no fuel evident so I bled it again. Still no start so I removed the ROPCV to check and clean it. It was so tight I damaged it getting it off so I am now waiting for a new one to arrive.
kenthetuner

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eithan h, new ROPCV valve fitted. Battery voltage according to Tech2 11.8v, probably why the click test was very quiet Embarassed . I have jump leads attached from another vehicle now. Battery volts according to Tech2 12.3 click test is louder now thanks. Cleared those P0201 02 03 04 codes still won't start and no fault codes stored. Rail oil pressure 1.6Mpa and injectors not enabling. Ran on brake cleaner rail pressure still 1.6. Do you think this is the problem?
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it needs to see 3-4mpa before it will enable the injectors so you need to check the orcv isn't stuck and also for any leaks around the injectors and the ex port of the injectors as well as some times the valve sticks inside and if all that is good and no leaks then the hpop has had it
kenthetuner

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks eithan h, I have changed the oil rail control valve. Now the pressure in the rail climbs to 7 mpa and the injectors enable. Still not starting.  Fault codes p0201,0202,0203,0204. injector control circuit 123&4. With the cam cover removed and cranking the engine over No oil is spurting out of holes in injectors even with 7 mpa could this be a EMC fault ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be, does it still do the click test?
kenthetuner

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clicks at all from any of the injectors !
kenthetuner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

To close this thread I bought a second hand ECM (ECU) and all the associated parts. The engine now starts Laughing . Thanks for your help eithan h.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: