QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Steamy windows!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gripjim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 14:27    Post subject: Steamy windows! Reply with quote

Hi all, I have a 01 Trooper with the 3.1 engine in done by a previous owner, I dont know if anyone's had this problem , which is not really a problem in the big sceam of things just bloody annoying! When it rains or even if its a bit fogy & damp the windows start misting up after a mile or so. This is with the fan off. The heater otherwise works well ,too well somwtimes as if I put the fan on even 1 it blows out air a volcanic temps! The main thing for me at the mo is the misty windows. Any ideas? Thanks,.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 14:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just leave the fan on speed 2 and that stops the windows steaming up when i get in it if it's raining outside
gripjim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I could do that but I dont want them steaming up at all , have you come across this? There must be a reason.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is it draws in the damp air from outside so it's pretty much gonna do it as it physics, the air inside is warmer than out so it starts to condense on the window. when you put the aircon on thats a dry air that comes through hence it clears the window quickly.

unless you can change physics i don't think you will stop it
bg trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 13:56    Post subject: steamy windows Reply with quote

Hi all, I have the same problem.This only started happening last winter.Befor that the heater with the fan on set to air con, worked perfectly.Now the misting up on all windows is terrible, constantly wiping the windows with a clean towel.Also I am getting a greasy residue left on the wind screen?? I have cleaned the pollen filters, but now I would like any suggestions please.
02Trooper777

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got the luxury of A/C in my Trooper - but I do have it in two other vehicles.

Most/all systems have a "receiver/drier" to take moisture out of the air before it goes through the system.
They don't last forever.

Perhaps yours has 'died' and needs replacing?

I always chuckle when I see sellers flogging 'open-to-air' used driers on fleabay.
Surely they must be dead or virtually dead through absorbing moisture whilst removed and on the shelf ?

(I have a spare NOS Toyota one and it came in a sealed plastic sleeve.)
If I'm wrong please tell me.
1986 Saab 900 Turbo. '84 Marlin Roadster.
+ motorcycles & '76 Reliant Kitten (don't laugh - it has got 4 wheels)...
Charivari

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 15:10    Post subject: condensation Reply with quote

In most cases you see that amount of moisture as you've probably got into car in wet clothes/boots and that has transferred either or into matting or upholstery, AC won't dry that out by itself, at best it will clear screen for you.
The best I've found is run a oil filled radiator out on an extension lead and cook the inside of car overnight with a window cracked just open usually,

these heaters cost pennies to run and have little potential to melt anything but I normally place on floor in drivers footwell

HTH
bg trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:17    Post subject: steamy windows Reply with quote

Hi again all. Regarding what 02 trooper 777 said about, a "receiver/ drier" if I have one in my car? Does anyone know where I could start to find it please? Maybe I could get a replacement.
kgreg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other source of moisture in the car other than damp clothing and dogs is the moisture in our breath apparently we exhale about 500ml a day each, so three adults on a one hour journey!!!
So my thoughts, we know warm air can hold more water vapour than cold air, so we get into the car and to clear the Windows we put the heater on, the car warms up and the moisture on the window is reabsorbed into the cabin air, we stop the car get out the air cools and hey ho the moisture re-condenses on the windows and away we go again.
There's got to be a max and when that max humidity for given air temp and volume of air in the car is reached that's it, some Windows will clear and others remain misty there's no where else for moisture to go.
Air con has a dehumidifying action so the dry air entering the cabin can absorb more moisture, all good unless you have a duty and no air con like me.
Got me thinking maybe some kind of powered extractor fan set up to improve the air flow through the car would help remove the damp air, maybe on a timer (like the bathroom type) so it runs on a bit after we get out...

Maybe I'll just wait for the summer!!
Charivari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

interestingly after reading some more on this yesterday I tried this with success this morning;

Take shallow container (tupperware box/bowl) add a handful of cat litter, either granules or Silica
and leave on drivers seat overnight

this morning I came out to perfectly dry windscreen inside car!
Charivari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify;
I added this box to car yesterday evening for this morning!
shambu31

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links..!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: