All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4jx1 engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pussycat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:44    Post subject: 4jx1 engine Reply with quote

Hi could do with advise please just fitted high oil pressure pump to my 4jx1 but it still wont start I,ve taken the the pipe of the oil rail and got my good lady to turn the engine over can some tell me if the oil should be under pressure comming out of the pump and if what pressure should it be as I have ordered a pressure kit of of amazon or does it have to be connected before it builds up pressure :(

Thans in advance

Colin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

drew m

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colin, 10/10 for perseverance with your truck, was it a second hand pump you fitted, I think there should be a lot of pressure coming out of the pipe, the pick up pipe pipe for the pump in the sump is known for the strainer falling of therefore not supplying oil to pump, maybe something to look at, if you're sure pump is ok you could put an extra 2 litres of oil in to eliminate strainer problem..
Drew
pussycat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:11    Post subject: 4jx1 engine Reply with quote

Hi Drew how you doing, yeh it's just a flow of oil coming out of the pipe theirs no pressure at all I renewed the pick up pipe seals when I repaired the sump oil leak,I think I will try another couple of litres of oil if nothing.  I will have to go with a duff pump
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked the control valve?
pussycat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 14:05    Post subject: 4jx1 engine Reply with quote

Hi Eithan and Drew,

GOOD NEWS!
Trooper is up and running, followed all your guidence but with no success until I noticed a brittle wire on the plug connected to the valve control. I repaired this and then SUCCESS, engine running now.
Can't thank you both enough.

Cheers,

Colin
Smile
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbleft
drew m

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colin, well done your perseverance paid of, pity the dealer didn't pick up that problem when they were trying to sort it,probably not an easy thing to track down, I'll need to keep it in mind for future reference. Eithan would tech 2 have helped diagnosis this fault.
Drew
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would of seen no oil pressure so my first port of call would be to remove the valve to check if it’s stuck, then if that’s ok I check what duty ratio there is at the plug which should match what the ecu is saying it’s giving it which is where it might have been found as I’ve had issues with the green plug just by the starter for the orcv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: