All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Airbag warning light sign in the instrument panel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kev3185

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

our airbag light has been on for about 2 months.... been fixing other things first Razz will give this a try today!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

my airbag lights been on for  .. well lets just say a while due to the common snapped wiring to seat belt pre-tensioner on pass seat as on the 3 door models these can wear due to pass seat being slid back and forth ..... put a new bit loom in but air bag light is still on .... was wondering f it would need teching to remove light ????
martin.f

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garage just quoted me 140 quid and ten days to order the new seatbelt part from Japan (all this from an MOT failure).........so came home found this thread, the fabled 'yellow connector' (drivers side for me), and hey presto air bag light has gone out - £140 saved  Very Happy
crusader
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine does it both seats. Got usrd to it being on now and bored keep sorting it out,  so it will stay on till MOT due. Very Happy
fronteratech

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

also works on frontera mu amigo
mally56

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 21:09    Post subject: SRS LightOn Fix Reply with quote

fronteratech wrote:
also works on frontera mu amigo
Hi guys, just thought to add my thrupence worth, been a member for some years now but this is my first post
read on here somewhere? that a chap found a loose connection at the seat belt connection so having owned LWB mainly in the past and now an owner of a SWB that you have to keep moving the passenger seat for what ever you want to do in the rear i thought it worth a look at the connection and to my relieved suprise there was the positive brown cable cut from its connector on the top of the pretensioner device , take a small pointed device and remove silver metal strap from connector top and then look under the seat frame and pull the wire harness away from its securing point then with both ends in each end see saw the cable to release it from any crud and slide under seat frame
to the work bench and remove cap and resolder then refit, jobs a good un. Wink
Clive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the airbag warning light come on in my 3.0L Trooper, I’ve checked in my handbook and it distinctly says if it comes on take your car to your local friendly authorised dealership and have the system serviced.

I’ve read the thread about the plugs under the seats  and gave it a go and sure enough the problem was cured, so my thanks to mickyboy63 for his advice way back in Nov 2008 on the cure, it certainly beats going to a main agent and being ripped off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: