2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Injector change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buz

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 21:25    Post subject: Injector change Reply with quote

Evening , I'm planning on swapping all four injectors on my 3 litre trooper to either eliminate or cure the misfire issue I have .  Am I right in thinking that the engine will still start up without setting the injectors up on tech 2 ? ? Many thanks in advance for any help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 21:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildata

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Does this help.

C.

Http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33846&highlight=
wildata

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps: it will most probably start no problem without coding - but do not run it for long without getting them set.
If they are set to run lean you could do damage.
wildata

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might help too.

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37459&highlight=
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they are the same grade then no programming is needed
buz

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou very much for the replies gents. I have to order o rings and copper washers yet but hoping to get on it next weekend .Ethan,  I've just read your post on injector gradings from 2012 ! ( That's dedication ,) so hopefully I will be able to compare old versus new , thanks again
bg trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:58    Post subject: injectors Reply with quote

can any one help me please? I am going to order a set of injectors for my 3ltr trooper 4jx1 engine, from the u.k. what info do I need to order the correct injectors? Do I need to remove my injectors first ,to look for serial numbers? Any guidance would be very much appreciated.
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don’t really get a choice of what grade you get sent hence you get them coded in after fitting
claudiu.vasile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:25    Post subject: 4jx1 injectors from aliexpress/alibaba Reply with quote

Hi,

I’m not sure if I’m posting this into the right section, if not, appologies for that.
I own an isuzu trooper 3.0 diesel 4jx1 2002, and I want to replace the fuel injectors.
The only places that I’ve found to buy new injectors are from alibaba/aliexpress.
Did anyone buy these from china market? If yes, are they genuine or aftermarket? (The price is ~ 270$).
Are they good, does the engine start after installing them out of the box or they require some programming?
Also, if anyone bought them, can you point me to the seller?

Any advice/ experience in buying the fuel injectors is more than welcome.

Thanks,
Claudiu
buz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, personally I wouldn't touch anything that isn't genuine when it comes to the injectors . Also beware of buying second hand unless from someone who has tested them and gives you a money back guarantee . I don't have any idea where to get some injectors from but there are gents on here that do . It's my understanding that after fitting  new injectors the engine will start as normal but they need coding afterwards ( need to tell Ecu of the injector grades ) . There is a sticky on here that tells you which grade the injectors are from the code on top of the injector and also you should be able to find a walk through/ information on how to change the injectors . Good luck
claudiu.vasile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Buz,

Thanks for your reply, I want to avoid buying second hand injectors (I've already changed the injector from slot 1,  4 times by now). As I previously said, I want to buy them from aliexpress, they claim that the injectors are brand new and genuine, but I wanted to know someone's experience in buying it from Chinese market (my concerns are: will they delivery the injectors, are they genuine, will the engine start after replacing the old ones with the new ones..etc).

Thanks,
Claudiu
buz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got round to replacing the injectors in the trooper. Everything went well until I removed the rocker cover and found two non original zip ties holding the ORPS connector on !!  Removed the zips ties which were like glass and was a sign of things to come. The injector harness clips shattered on each injector regardless of how careful I was. Luckily I had a harness off the old car . Refitted replacement injectors and everything else , cranked it over for about 30 seconds and it started and runs like it used to. Just need to take it to our local dealer to have the injectors and ORPS dialled in ( injectors were 49 now 37 )  . Many thanks for the help received along the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: