All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Timing after replacing a def to a solid one, but lost time m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norjame

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:12    Post subject: Timing after replacing a def to a solid one, but lost time m Reply with quote

I have had the the flywheel welded, but it seems the timing mark on the flywheel has been lost. Found the cut out on the reverse side, but now not sure howto time correctly.?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

put engine on tdc then where the half-moon cutout is on the transmission side of the ring gear put that to 6 o clock position then gap in the timing ring should be about the 1-2 o clock position
Norjame

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan, Thank you very much for your reply. I am though not in a position to be able to determine when we are at TDC, to be able to start,  if i am missing out on something explained, I apologies.  
NORJAME.
Norjame

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eithan, Thank you very much for your reply. I am though not in a position to be able to determine when we are at TDC, to be able to start,  if i am missing out on something explained, I apologies.  
NORJAME.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your lucky one of the fly wheel bolt holes looks larger than the others, if it does it goes to the 12 o clock position. If they all look the same then you will have to find the small notch on the front pulley and put that to the line on the timing gear casing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: