All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

99 TROOPER 3.0D STARTING ISSUES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnTrooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 16:50    Post subject: 99 TROOPER 3.0D STARTING ISSUES Reply with quote

Can anybody give me an idea as to why my 1999 3.0 D is suddenly difficult to start? It's not a regularly used vehicle and it can be 2 to 3 weeks between use and in the past year it's covered very few miles. However it's always been reasonably good to start, sometimes taking a bit of cranking for first-time then it started later in the day fires up quickly.

In the last couple of days it has been very difficult to start, a lot of cranking and obvious smoke/vapour coming from the exhaust but still no firing. I'm making sure the glow plug light goes out and indeed leaving it a bit of extra time (maybe that doesn't help?)

The batteries are in full charge so it's cranking quite quickly but it is difficult, it has been quite a bit colder in the last few days so this may be affecting it I suppose.. Once the engine is warm it seems a lot better.

I'm wondering if the glow plug light goes out that set me know actually working or could that be the issue?

Any advice gratefully received
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 16:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

id see if you can get the glow plugs out and test them to see if they are actually working, the glows stay on for 3 mins i think after the engine has started to help condition the burn in the cylinder
JohnTrooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eithan, you are a true star on this site! Is doing a resistance test with a mustimeter  good enough? also could the famous oil rail pressure valve give the same issues/symptoms?

Thanks again

John
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i like to see the tip glow red to know it's working properly and yes an orcv could give the same issues
ivcho.vd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, grab the power supply for the glow plugs with ampere clamps. At initial heating, it should read about 46 amps.
Greetings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: