All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0ltr dilemna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
munkymush

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 20:34    Post subject: 3.0ltr dilemna Reply with quote

hi all , im freshly converted to troopers after yrs in discos and defenders,
i have a question regarding the longevity of the 3.0ltr trooper engine ive found  a lovely low mileage one (70k miles)  that im told had the injector mod carried out at 30-35k miles .. its running lovely now ,but can anyone
enlighten me to the fact about how long for?   once this mod is carried out is that considered an end to the problem or is it an ongoing problem needing injectors after injectors .. i like this truck but i dont want a blown engine anytime .do any of these engines see it too high mileages without problems?
many thanks glenn
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 20:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

200k isn't unheard of for these engines but you do need to keep on top of the maintenance, regular oil changes and keep an eye on the oil level and coolant as this engine is sealed with o rings and they don't last for ever. you will get injectors go down and new ones aint cheap and getting second hand ones is a gamble due to mixing oil and diesel together inside which most people don't find out until it's to late. at 70k your coming up for an orps as we call them so lok out for bad starting or random cutting out which is the first signs of it failing.
gt-nick
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternativley... you could go for a late model 3.1, not as quick but still has the pulling power and comfort.
leslie maurice laine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 23:11    Post subject: 3 lite diesel isuzu trooper Reply with quote

I read your post I had my first Isuzu 3 litre for 11 yrs during that time I had injector seals renewed at 70 k when I had driven 187k was experiencing a little smoke so sold it and bough onother one  sods law I  feel my newer one has got intermittent problems that need sorting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: