All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

head gasket?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footdoc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 17:38    Post subject: head gasket? Reply with quote

Hi Folks

just bought a 2004 3.0 trooper with 150k on the clock to someday replace my 3.1.

previous owner said new injectors were recently fitted but he was selling because of needing fuel tank replaced/fixed and bad oil leak from the HPOP.

3.0 was hard to start when cold and some white smoke on start-up (thought this was problem drawing air from hole in fuel line at tank).

seemed to have plenty of poke when driving though, but oil leaking pretty bad below HPOP.

new oil had been put in and clean water in radiator.

after sitting in my shed for a few days it takes quite a bit of turnover to start, and there is quite a bit of white smoke and some water droplets out of exhaust pipe.

on checking radiator there is now a bit of yellowy gunk floating at the top and have discovered the top radiator hose has been slackened (presume this was to release pressure build-up from expansion bottle).

body work and chassis are very good on the trooper.

Questions-

is head gasket likely to be the problem or could it be injector seals?

any quick way to test for either of above?

would it be worthwhile trying a bottle or two of head sealer in the water (please don't think too badly about this "real mechanics" among you), and if so what product would you recommend?

I am going to remove the HPOP to replace the seals so would it be better to change head gasket while I'm at it?

I can get my hands on another 3.1 engine so who would recommend converting?

Is fuel tank from a 3.1 the same as a 3.0?

Trooper was bought cheep enough to buy because of known problems and time is not a problem at the minute!!

all opinion welcome

cheers

Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 17:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: