4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fixing flash code 47 p1589 3.0 swb commercial 2001 euro2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swbeuro2commercial

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 16:00    Post subject: Fixing flash code 47 p1589 3.0 swb commercial 2001 euro2 Reply with quote

Hello  Very Happy

Been preparing a 3.0 to go back on the road: shock absorber, sill welding, TPS replacement and calibration and oil and filters service etc.

Mechanically It needs a steering box as this one sprays atf. In the hunt for one currently.

But there remains one electrical problem that I'm struggling with-

Transmission SW circuit open/ short flash code 47 dtc P1589 is the last remaining issue after disconnecting batteries to clear codes.

From what I've read there are switch under the gearsticks so tried to remove but the rubber seems jammed solid.

Has anyone got a simple how to on flash code 47 as I didn't see one by searching?

Thank you
Shane
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 16:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

switches are on the drivers side of the gearbox probably easier to get to from underneath anyway, the rubber gaiter is bolted down so remove centre console then the bolts holding  the rubber down and the plate will lift up
Swbeuro2commercial

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much sir for taking the time to reply.

I'm finding everything is properly laid out and built on an Isuzu compared to a defender. It's just a new experience working on Isuzu.

Is it the switches that are usually needing replaced or is there a way to test them using multimeter?
I'm a novice with electrics but manages to needle probe through the connector boot on the TPS and set for 3.0 volts.

I found after cleaning the MAP out with contact cleaner and reassembling I had to disconnect batteries to clear flash 34 and the 47 hasn't returned, though it hasn't been driven yet, just idle in the drive selecting all gears twice.  I expect there will be another flash 47 appears for the transmission switches when it's driven.

Cordially,
Shane
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never had to replace them to be honest in 20yrs or so of working on them but they unscrew and its a 2 wire plug so put a meter on the pins and then press the plunger on the switch it will either make a circuit or break a circuit depending what way it works
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: