All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Snapped wheel studs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy Mewww

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 15:11    Post subject: Snapped wheel studs Reply with quote

Hi all, I have a lwb 3ltr auto 53 plate I've owned it approx 18 months shortly after having and having the wheels off when I 1st had it I noticed nsf 1 off the wheel studs had snapped it left enough thread to get a nut on. I did check the back face of rim and face of the hub both look fine. Couple of months ago did rear shocks springs, front shocks and wound the front up couple of inches to match new rear springs. Yesterday I thought front felt a bit sloppy, today I was giving it a oil change and noticed another 2 nuts missing because studs had snapped that 2 next to each other the next nut was tight  and the was the original 1 that snapped because there is no stud left in the nut I wound it out. The next stud is still tight on a stud, next stud is broken but nut has stayed on the broken stud is still in the nut. I've worked on vehicles 30yrs always grease the studs so you can tighten with just a socket in your hand I only nip them up with 1/2" breaker bar always make sure they're seated properly. I can only think they were stressed with a windy gun I didn't struggle to undo them 1st time I had wheels off or am I being stupid and missed something. Thanks guys for being here
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 15:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

standard wheels?
Andy Mewww

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yes standard wheels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: