Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LWB 3.1 TF Crew Cab - So What Have I Bought ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wicklamulla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

200bhp wrote:
markymoan wrote:
200bhp wrote:
I've read up on it and it seems that the way it works is that the trailer weighs 4 tons.

The towing weight allowed is say 3.3 tons

And the load weight allowed is 1 ton so they say the other .7 tons is being carried NOT towed.

Its all a bit of a grey area.

So grey a copper would not have a clue  Laughing

Yes apparently its VOSA who do spot checks that you need to worry about.

I've only ever towed a car trailer before so tomorrow could be a steep learning curve !

i was watching this outfit on eebuygum and was amazed at how long the truck is !  I've never seen a TFS69 that long before.  I have the same truck albeit the normal length double cab and i love it.  I assumed they could legally tow 2500KG or maybe even 2,750KG ??  although it may be possible you can tow more when using a 5th wheel tow coupling ??   What weight is that trailer ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 22:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

200bhp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

wicklamulla wrote:

i was watching this outfit on eblag and was amazed at how long the truck is !  I've never seen a TFS69 that long before.  I have the same truck albeit the normal length double cab and i love it.  I assumed they could legally tow 2500KG or maybe even 2,750KG ??  although it may be possible you can tow more when using a 5th wheel tow coupling ??   What weight is that trailer ?

Hi,

It turns out it's been modified and extended 3'

5th wheel is very different rules.

I think the trailer is under 4 tons fully laden.

I'm going to stick the lot on the weighbridge to find out.
cynic-al

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how they've extended it too, if they've altered the chassis or suspension mounts it can be iffy. I was looking at those vans at the caravan show, so much nicer than our type of van and about the same price new as a new twin axle van here. They seemed to work on the carry a tonne and tow the rest idea and didn't have linked brakes from what I could see. Even had a standard break away cable. Lots of companies have started importing them due to the new tow width rules so they must be getting some sort of approval?

VOSA are a pain, they are self funding so need to make every stop pay Sad Remember you only need a tacho if your towing commercially, a lot of people get stopped around here for that as there is a big insurance writeoff car auction and the unusual methods of towing that people employ attracts a lot of attention. There was a mondeo a-framing a LWB iveco van the other day :/
200bhp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seem to have cut the chassis and plated over it.

Very simple to do as there is the natural break point at the back of the crew cab - would be easy to DIY.
cynic-al

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate its simple, its just they sometimes don't like it, but if you've bought it and it has an MOT then I would just crack on and worry about it if it ever gets questioned at the test station. Enjoy Smile
200bhp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried I've had loads of wierd stuff.

I suspect it was converted at import specifically to tow the 5th wheel so its been fine for 10+ yrs.
CidaDaesal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a nice rig!! not to be too negative (because they probably won't notice at the checkpoints) but i'm fairly sure that a chop in the chasis between the wheel base is a bit of a no no. i extended a truck a few years ago and was told to definatly do the extending behind the rear axles. on the plus side most tfs'sss don't seem to having towing weight plates on the vehicle so there isn't much for the good people at vosa to check on the road side.and on the other plus side they a nice vehicle too.hope it  treats you well.
200bhp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

CidaDaesal wrote:
but i'm fairly sure that a chop in the chasis between the wheel base is a bit of a no no.

Hi, just take a look at any Limo, it's standard procedure.
markymoan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even easier with a ladder chassis pick up, we did a KB years ago for use in recovery  Smile
And all imports have to have an SVA test to register them in the UK  Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

CidaDaesal wrote:
looks like a nice rig!! not to be too negative (because they probably won't notice at the checkpoints) but i'm fairly sure that a chop in the chasis between the wheel base is a bit of a no no. i extended a truck a few years ago and was told to definatly do the extending behind the rear axles. on the plus side most tfs'sss don't seem to having towing weight plates on the vehicle so there isn't much for the good people at vosa to check on the road side.and on the other plus side they a nice vehicle too.hope it  treats you well.

ya i oft wonder what weight i can pull behind me TFS69 as i cannot find a reference to it in the owners hand book or on any of the plates/stickers under the bonnet   Question    the hand book does list the limit which can be legally carried in the tub of the pickup though.  I guess i can legally pull 2,500kg or maybe even 2,750kg  Question
CidaDaesal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a web site somewhere that has the towing limits of different vehicles.i just tried to find it again but had no luck. i'll let you know what it is if i do find out. i just used mine today to pull a 36ft 4t trailer i didn't have to go far but it was no problem at all up the track but definatly illegal (and a bit stupid) on the road. i suppose the old "if it looks /feels wrong then it probably is wrong" idea is always worth a thought...until your stuck and then think - sure fe*k it...i'll give it a go...
jghs83

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i really like that! Although youd never get it parked in a supermarket (especially around here) it looks great.

In the best colour aswell, like ours lol

Timoth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jghs83"]Now i really like that! Although youd never get it parked in a supermarket (especially around here) it looks great.

Hi there, I am currently searching high and low for the front and back axle weights for my 4x4, which is near identical to your photo. Also looking for the towing capacity. My VIN plate has no such info on it !

HELP!

Any help greatly appreciated Smile
wicklamulla

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Timoth"]
jghs83 wrote:
Now i really like that! Although youd never get it parked in a supermarket (especially around here) it looks great.

Hi there, I am currently searching high and low for the front and back axle weights for my 4x4, which is near identical to your photo. Also looking for the towing capacity. My VIN plate has no such info on it !

HELP!

Any help greatly appreciated Smile

Yep i have the same problem but i'm reasonably certain the TFS69 (3.1TD) can tow 2700 or 2800 legally.   as fer the axle weights........oil hafta get back to ya.
wicklamulla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 15:12    Post subject: Re: LWB 3.1 TF Crew Cab - So What Have I Bought ? Reply with quote

200bhp wrote:
Hi guys,

In the newbie section I've discovered I have bought a TF.

I'm trying to find out its towing / load / axle weights

Google is useless.

I can't look in the truck for info as I haven't collected it and I'm towing a BIG load back with it so I could do with them before I get there.

Mine is a LWB version which I can't find any info on.

I'd like to post a pic but as I'm a newbie I can't.

Does anyone have any info on them ?

Thanks

I wonder if he still has this truck?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: