QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 lt Trooper drive just went !!!?? Clutch plate broke ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huffy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 14:06    Post subject: 3.0 lt Trooper drive just went !!!?? Clutch plate broke ? Reply with quote

Have a silly sort of question sorry , but a while back our W reg 3.0 Trooper swb 92,000 miles never had a new clutch , was going up the road to the place a mile from home - where we keep stuff !
My wife was driving and when she got nearly there , she siad it just gave up driving the wheels almost as if something had broken !!  No noise or grating !
When I got to it ,  I tried letting out the clutch and it would try and move forward but just not quite before it stopped .  Engage 4wd and low box and it would drive a little bit more but soon lose the drive !

Can a clutch just give up like that??  I find it hard to  see how it could but was hoping someone on here has an idea what might have happened ?
  We have sorned it for now but were contemplating putting a clutch in it although the dual mass flywheel thing is a bit daunting !!

I also have a chap who is half interested in buying it to repair too !

Any advice please Peeps??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 14:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Huffy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks , after looking at one or 2 other posts ,I think the dual mass flywheel has probably given up !!
Thanks for looking
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

defo sounds like dual mass, if you give it a good rev then turn the engine off you might hear it spinning down which it wouldn't do if it was ok. flywheels are expensive though about £400 plus vat i think plus the clutch and fitting on top. also if your man does buy it remember they are timed to the engine as the timing ring is bolted to the back of them.
Huffy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eithan , I only just noticed your reply !!
Its been a while since you dispenced me some wisdom  Wink

We went to move it back to base as my landlord wanted it gone !!   It will still drive to a certain degree , on the flat and in low box 4 wd   ,but as soon as you rev it , it stops altogether !!
I wondered if it may be master cylinder related ,so will have to have a good look through all the other posts on here !!
Cant possibly see how it could just lose  drive all of a sudden if it was that !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: